Chapter One

I never thought I'd be attacked for protesting for lives, and yet here we are. They started tear gassing us a few minutes ago. A very tall man in riot gear pulled me out of the way of the gas before throwing it back to the pigs. It was hard to see and my eyes burned like hell. I'm glad I wore my mask today.

The man found his way back to me. "Are you okay?" He asked.

"I-I can barely see! My eyes feel like they're on fire." He reached for my bag.

"Let me help you."

He opened my bag and dug through it, looking for a water bottle. Once he found it, he unscrewed the top and grabbed my neck, tilting my head back. He poured the water into my eyes. "It won't get rid of the pain but it gets out the gas." He said, putting the lid back on.

"T-thank you sir." I mumble, still slightly frazzled. "What's your name kid?"

"Y/n"

"Well Y/n we're gonna get you somewhere safe before they start shooting rubber bullets. Got it?" He said, moving to pick me up. "W-what are you doing?" I squealed in surprise.

"I'm taking you to safety." He said, standing up to carry me bridle style.

"I can walk by myself!" I said. He started moving behind trees, ignoring my complaints.

He finally stopped in an alleyway. He put me down. "We should be fine here." He said sitting down next to me. "T-thank you again." I said leaning against his arm.

"You really don't need to thank me, I'm just doing my job."

I blushed lightly as he wrapped his arm around my shoulder. "How do your eyes feel?" He asked looking down at me. "O-Oh they're fine."

He smiled down at me as I his gaze. "I-I never got your name?" I said looking towards him again. "I can't tell you that but they call me Tank."

"It's good to meet you Tank."

A/N please sign petitions to actually get things done.

https://www.change.org/p/police-unlawful-arrest-and-animal-brutality-prosecute-the-corrupted-hawthorne-cops