Chapter 8

I peered out from the brush to see Damon and Stefan scanning the forest for any signs of me.

"I kind of feel sorry for them, blundering around like idiots searching for you." Katherine whispered as she crouched beside me.

"What the hell are we going to do Katherine?" I hissed at her as she crouched, arms crossed, obviously taken aback by my sudden attitude.

Without warning, she stood up and marched right to where Damon and Stefan stood, as she looked back at me her glare was shooting daggers.

"What have you done with our sister?" Stefan muttered through gritted teeth as he and Damon's bodies tensed at the sight of Katherine.

"Oh Fallon is fine," Katherine calmly remarked as the corners of her mouth turned up, "as a matter of a fact, she's hiding right behind that bush over there."

Oh shit, why did you have to call me out like that?

I reluctantly etched my way out from behind the bush and stood next to Katherine. Damon's eyes blazed with fury, Stefaan's eyes blazed with confusion.

Katherine guided me by the waist to stand facing right in front of Damon and Stefan, her breath hot against my neck.

"Why don't you tell your brothers why you are here right now?" she purred as she traced circles on my neck with her slender fingers, sending chills through my body.

I slightly turned my head to glimpse at Katherine. Her eyes were dark and blood red veins were starting to form around her eyes. Her mouth twitched as her glowering eyes burned with hunger.

"Katherine and I have been seeing each other in secret since she arrived at our estate." I explained as Stefan's eyebrows furrowed, his mouth hanging open.

Before I could say another word Katherine suddenly complied Damon and Stefan not to move or speak. She now stood directly in front of me, her expression was nothing like anything I have ever seen from Katherine. She was completely overtook by a thirst for blood. My breath hitched as she traced her icy fingers on my cheek.

"Oh Fallon," she whispered in my ear in a sing song voice as her other hand slid up and down my waist, "I have to kill little Stefan and Damon now, and you'll watch." She hissed as she quickly sped to Stefan and Damon, standing behind them.

My brothers eyes widened as terror overtook their faces. Katherine then snapped both of their necks, their limp bodies crashed on the forest floor. Tears ran down my cheeks as I stared at my bothers dead bodies.

"It's okay Fallon," Katherine said as she carefully wiped the stream of tears from my cheeks, her eyes still dark as night, "It had to be done, so we can be together. Now, just hold still my love"

Katherine buried her fangs into my neck as I winced with pain. I hastily put my arms around Katherine, hugging her as she stroked my hair, trying to calm me as she sucked my blood. She lifted up her head, my blood was dripping from her mouth, her fangs quickly retracted as her dark eyes slowly faded back to normal.

Her eyes sparkled as her mouth turned into a sweet smile. Her face was no longer void of emotion, in fact, her whole face lit up with love. She cupped my face and placed a soft kiss on my lips, lingering for a few moments.

"I love you," I whispered.

Then the world went dark.