5.

Imagine Dragons: Demons Hide

"Don't get too close, it's dark inside. It's where my demons hide, it's where my demons hide."

5.

His dorm wasn't that far so they were inside within minutes. To his utmost gratitude, the dorm was empty, he just hoped Jack was somewhere where he would be really busy for a couple hours.

"So," she said, "What movie are we going to watch?"

"I dunno, what you want to watch?" he asked her.

"I don't really care as long as it's not a sappy romance thingy." She said uninterestedly.

"You really hate romance, don't ya?"

"I wouldn't quite say 'hate." She said making quotes as she spoke, "I'd say that I don't believe in love and I think it's wasting time watching something that gives you the illusion of something that doesn't exist." She was rambling now.

"Oh, so you don't believe in love?" he asked, there was a hint of surprise.

"No." she answered, "Are we starting any soon or are you waiting for my grey hair to grow?" quite the sarcastic one she is. He chuckles shaking her head. "Alright, I'll get some chips. I think we have them in the closet and we can watch it." He said making his way to the closet. When he finally finds a packet buried in the unorganized heap of clothes, he feels like he just won a war. God! That feeling!

"Are we set?" he asked, turning around.

"Okay, what are we watching then?"

"Haven't you decided?"

"No, I really don't know much about them. I think it's better if you decide."

"Alright. What about The Hunger Games?"

"I dunno, is it good?"

"It's sick and no romance."

"Okay."

"Okay." He was waiting for her to tell him how they just did the epic 'Okay' thing from TFIOS, but she didn't.

"Let's start then." She said instead.

They both sat comfortably at the two ends of the couch after Zayn had inserted the disc and Juliana switched the lights off. The movie had just started when the door opened. Damn! He wanted to be alone with her.

"Oh. I didn't expect to see you here. Is it Friday already?" Jack asked throwing his bag randomly. Juliana was just about to answer when Zayn beat her to it.

"She's not here for you, she here for me." She gave him a weird look, "W-With me. I mean. We are about to watch a movie. The two of us." He was trying to make it clear that he didn't want Jack anywhere around. Why couldn't the guy just take a hint?

Jack frowned at them. Well, if it's not already obvious, he was interested in her too. And he was planning on asking her out soon. But Zayn beat him to it. He felt a bit disappointed about it. But a lesson was learnt: procrastination hurts like a bitch.

But he wasn't planning on giving up. No sir. He might have come second, but he's going to make the best of it.

"Umm... I really don't have anything to do now. Do you mind if I join in?" Juliana just shrugged. Zayn balled his fist at sheer annoyance. Dammit! "Thanks." Jack says walking over to the couch. He sat right between the two of them and Zayn could feel his mood going down. The poor guy was sulking.

"So, how is your second book going?" he asked her.

"Excuse me? We need to get on with the movie." Zayn diverted the conversation.