Chapter 1

Ricky's Pov

I walked along a dirt road. I kicked the gravel and as i walked gray dust filled the air everytime I picked my foot up."Ricky,"I hear a girl call. I look over my should to see a brunette walking toward me. I stop for a couple of seconds to let her catch up.

"Amy what are you doing here?"I asked her with a questioned face.

"Well I just saw you walking away from your house so I thought I would see what the matter was,"she says in a caring voice.

Amy had been my best friend since we were kids she had helped me in many ways. Days I was abused she would let me stay at her house with her and her sister and her parents. They all treated me like I wad family. Amy looked at me and put her arm around my shoulder.

"What happen?"she asks me while putting her head on my shoulder. I look away and I look back at her and a tear slides down my face. She looks at me and wipes away the tear.

"What's wrong?"she asks starting to get a worried look on her face.

"I think I might have just screwed everything up,"I say to her as i was talking my voice cracked a lot.

"What did you do to screw up?"she asks me while taking her head off of my shoulder and looks at me with a serious face.

"I kinda said some things that should have not been said,"I say with more tears sliding down my face. I quickly wipe them away before Amy sees I am crying.

"What did you say?" Amy asks inspecting his face.

I started playing with my white peeling skin that died. I look back at Amy. "I told my foster parents that I hated them and that they could never be my parents," I say putting my head into Amys shoulder.

"Ricky I am sure they knew you didn't mean it," Amy says grabbing my hand and holding it.

I start crying even harder. "Amy I hope they thought it was out of anger because I can't go to another house," I say looking into her hazel sparkling eyes.

"Why is that?" Amys asks me with a confused face.

"Then I wouldn't have my best friend," I say with a smile. She laughs.

"You are my best friend to Ricky now and forever," Amy says grabbing my hand and pulling me up away from the ground.

"Come on its almost dinner time come eat at my place," She says leading me toward her house.

"Ok I'm coming," I say following her toward her family ranch. I look up at her red brick two story house with a big red barn next to it. I look out toward the pasture to see their family dog chasing a cow. I laugh.

"What?" Amy says turning toward me. I point at her dog chasing their cow. "Oh my god Moose come back here now," Amy says running out to the field towards him. I follow her out to the muddy field. Moose was their dog for almost two years. I watch Amy drag Moose all the way across the field and across the yard and into the house. I walk into the house to see Amys Parents George and Anne looking at us.

"What was Moose doing this time?" George asks looking at his dog that has a whimpering face on him.

"He was chasing our old cow Dixie," Amy says swatting a fly that was flying around the room.

"Moose what did I tell you ," George says picking up Moose and putting him in his pin. I walk into the living room to see Amys little sister and brother sitting together.

"Hey Ashley," I say to her. She smiles at me and then tends to her brother. Ashley was about ten years old. Robbie was about a couple of months and me and Amy are years old