Part 1

When the Indian Team returned to their hotel that day everybody looked lost. They were all bogued down with the burden of their losses in knock-outs. No words were exchanged as all of them retired to their hotel rooms with none in the mood for dinner. All they wanted to do was clamp themselves away from this world.

However, next morning Virat decided to be the captain and asked everybody to be down for breakfast. He knew how bad it hurt and had learnt that you can only deal with it by sticking together. When the entire team descended down there was one man missing, MS Dhoni, their Mahi Bhai. As soon as Virat took his phone up to call him he saw a msg in their grp by him stating dat he wanted to stay alone. They all realized how yesterday he looked completely detached to this world and for once they decided to leave him alone to sort himself coz dey knew it was more than the WC loss.

On the other side MS lay awake the whole night contemplating on his cricket journey and how it was going to end. The man who had always kept away from social media that day was going through all the different news channels and media handles. His trance was broken by the sudden ringing of the bell. Thinking it to be one of the kiddos to check on him he washed his face and pulled up a strong façade. On opening the door he received the shock of his life.

MS- Aree Dada aap?

Dada- Kyun nahi aasakta? clearly seeing through MS's façade.

Never in his wildest dream had MS fathomed to see his Former Captain, Sourav Ganguly at his hotel room. He kept on contemplating wat to do while Dada entered the room. When he turned towards him he could see Dada glaring at him. Realizing wat had happened he rushed to close his laptop, showing a news of how MS had ousted Dada from the team, and tried to find words to explain his actions under Dada's scrutinizing gaze. Though he was saved from answering.

Dada- Breakfast kiya?

MS- Kya?

Dada- Maine pucha Breakfast kiya?

MS- Nah...nahi, baad mein kar lunga.

Dada- Koi nhi...nujhe bhook lagi hai toh saath mein khana khaate hai, and picked up the receiver to order food knowing very well that his kiddo was hungry since last n8.

MS stood dumbfounded contemplating whether Dada was angry on him, was he there to have breakfast with him or wat was the real reason of his visit. When the food arrived MS continued playing with his food. The uncertainty in MS broke Sourav Ganguly more than anything else could.

Dada- MS

MS- .......

Dada- Mahi

MS- ........

Dada- Mahiyaa

Hearing the name from his former captain, his Dada Ms couldn't control himself and flung himself into Dada's arm crying his heart out. When he finally calmed down with Dada's constant patting and soothing words,

Dada- Wats wrong MS?

MS- Was I really the reason of your retirement?

This question of his with tear-stricken face made Dada realize it was not the Captain Cool who was sitting infront of him, it was the long haired boy who had been blamed for his retirement, who's house had been pelted with stone. Who had got out on a duck.

Ganguly realized he had to again take up his role of Captain, brother and watever needed to get his Mahiya back, internally deciding to burst the media channels.

Dada- Look at me Mahi. Look up. Wat made you feel so? Did we not discuss this b4? Have I not told you that you are my pride and you can never take any wrong decision regarding the team? You were the person for whom I gave up my 3rd spot, whom I voted to be the captain then how can I doubt my own child. You can do nothing that hurts your Dada other than giving up.

MS still looked down not quiet sure of himself. However, his Dada knew how to handle him.

Dada- You don't consider me your brother anymore. You don't belive me anymore, do you?

That made MS look up and he hurriedly decided to deny this claim of Dada.

MS- No I do...Ofc I do. I do believe you. How can you say I don't consider you my brother?, looking completely horrified.

Dada- Den believe me when I say you still have lots of cricket left in you. You were the one to whom I passed on my legacy knowing it was going to a much more capable hand. You were the one who went on to score a 148 after getting out on a zero. You were the one who took India to win the WC after a horrifying Australia series. You are the only captain to win all 3 ICC Tournaments. You are the person to whom Virat, Rohit, Jinks, Jaddu, Bhuvi all look up to. You are the person to whom Rahul, Harry, Jassi, Kuldeep, Chahal fall back wen they don't kno where to ball. So, wen I say it, I mean it that you are still capable of blasting balls all across the stadium and you are still the best finisher. So India can't lose you so soon.

Hearing those words from his brother lifted MS's spirit. He just decided to lay his head on Dada's lap while he massaged his hair. Relishing in the moment he decided to thank Dada but not knowing how to do it,

MS- Dada...who...u kno..

Dada- MS if u r tring to thank me den I will drop you down and go to Yuvi.

MS- Noooooo and snuggled into Dada more, if only it was possible.

Dada- Now close your eyes and off to sleep and let me catch you reading stupid news articles once more...., leaving the threat hanging.

MS smiled hearing the old commanding tone once again and welcomed his peaceful sleep on his Dada's lap. He will surely bounce back for the country, for his kiddos, for his brothers who have always supported him, backed him and fought for him.

That afternoon wen Vi, Ro, Jassi and Harry couldn't take it anymore and decided to chk on their brother they were happy to see the door unlocked. On entering they couldn't stop awing at the scene of MS sleeping with his captain snuggling into his chest. They slowly tiptoed out not b4 Virat took a snap of the scene for future purposes.

They realized that their Mahi Bhai who always stood by dem as a strong pillar also needed somebody to fall back to. They were happy to kno dat he had his captain to whom he looked upto to rely on. And wat could make dem more happy den their Mahi Bhai looking all relaxed.

--------------------X--------------------

This is my first attempt at writing a story. All thanks to @siri_reddy for pushing to write and publish my writing. I absolutely adore kiddo Mahi and love the bond of the old team.  Plz comment and tell me how it is