𝕡𝕣𝕠𝕝𝕠𝕘𝕦𝕖 - 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕣𝕝𝕚𝕖

≫ ──── ≪•◦ ❈ ◦•≫ ──── ≪

IT'S BEEN A good two days since Christmas. That also means two days since I had not only my first kiss, but Max and I's first kiss. We haven't seen each other since that afternoon, but we've talked. No one knows about the kiss except us and our parents. Everyone else? Well... they've yet to find out.

Just like we do every year, Max and I were hanging out two days after Christmas. But this year, we have some party crashers... Harvey, who hasn't joined Max and I on this tradition since we were nine, and Summer, who begged to see us all one more time before leaving for America to visit her relatives. Not exactly Max and I's idea of our first day together after the kiss, but it's not like we had a choice.

"Charlie Kate, where are the graham balls?!" Harvey yelled from the kitchen.

"They're supposed to be there!" I yelled back from the living room. Max and I looked at each other, and I rolled my eyes as he laughed.

"I've been searching for a good five minutes!" Harvey yelled back.

"I'll go help him look." Summer sighed and rolled her eyes as she got up from the sofa.

"You're a saint, Summer." Max called after her.

"I know." Summer replied.

When the vicinity was clear of any sign of the two, I turned to Max, who was on the other end of the sofa, and smiled at him. That was the first time we had a moment alone since the kiss. Truthfully, I didn't know how to act around him, but his aura gave me enough confidence to help me go about.

He opened his arms and I launched myself onto him on his side of the sofa. He caught me in a warm loving embrace as I buried my face on his chest and he planted a kiss on my head. I looked up at him and he smiled down lovingly at me. Whatever emotions and feelings Max and I had at that moment, the feelings were mutual.

"Hi," he smiled at me.

"Hi," I smiled back, feeling like a cliche lovestruck schoolgirl.

"Hi." He replied causing both of us to laugh.

"Can we talk?" I asked and he nodded. "Alone? In my room?"

"Yeah," he said as he sat up. "Of course."

We got up and we quietly headed up to my room. When we got to my door, Max head up quickly first as I quietly shut the door behind me. I hastened up my stairs and saw Max waiting patiently for me.

"Charlie wants to talk so we will talk." Max said as he firmly planted himself and crossed his arms acting like a child.

"I just wanted to say that I'm happy we did what we did on Christmas," I smiled as I walked to him and uncrossed his arms. "And that I'm happy you're here, and that whatever is going on between us, we don't need to figure it out right away but whatever it is, it makes me really happy."

"I'm happy too. And I'm even happier knowing you're happy." Max smiled as he wrapped his arms around my waist and I wrapped mine around his neck.

"But I just have one minor concern..." I said sheepishly.

"Harvey and Summer." Max and I said, him being annoyed at them and me being clueluess about what to do with the two.

"I really told Harvey that he should just go over to Tom's or Dobby's. Trust me, Charlie, I tried to get rid of him." Max defended.

"Well I hope you won't be disappointed to know that I didn't even bother to get rid of Summer. I just couldn't!"

"I'm not." He chuckled.