Epilogue

A/N: Let's hear Mark's reasons (>_<) for hurting the handsome Vee.

----------

After the reception, Vee was sitting in the bed of the room the newlyweds would be staying at. He was still in a daze of whatever happened for the whole day. He was so sure that the reason why he went to Taiwan was to stop the wedding of Mark and run away with him but all of those didn't happen. Instead, he was looking at his wedding ring perfectly fit in his ring finger and was wondering how all of what happened felt surreal.

Mark came in after taking a shower. He was wearing his clothes, a simple brown shirt and dark gray shorts. "Aren't you going to take a shower?"

Vee lifted his eyes and looked at the person he loves the most. "Mark...what really happened to us?"

The junior sighed and sat beside him. "I'm sorry for being not good enough back then and pulling you back."

Vee tilted his head. "What do you mean?"

Mark was biting on his lower lip. Tears were starting to form on his eyes. The senior's heart started to squeeze. He was still weak against Mark. He promised himself that he would never make the junior cry ever again as long as they are together. He wiped the tears that slowly fell on Mark's cheeks.

"Something happened back then? Tell me."

Vee was trying his best to broaden his understanding instead of putting the blame in the past, he wanted to confront the present that they are in.

"Phi, I'm sorry for growing apart and being weak back then."

"Why? We are married now. I think I deserve to know what made us break apart last year."

Mark looked at Vee with teary eyes again. "I once visited you in the company you were working with to surprise you but I was the one who got surprised. At the lobby, I heard from some of your colleagues that you are supposed to get a promotion but it was held back by one of your superiors because he hated the fact that you were already in a relationship."

Vee's face was priceless. He was beyond shocked about that one because he never once heard that his relationship was a question for him to climb the ladder in their organization.

"I thought that since you are at the peak of your career, I wouldn't want to be the hindrance to your success. I needed to focus and improve myself to stand by you. And...you might also want to have a successor for yourself which I can't give to you."

The junior's insecurities kicked in during that time. He was a rich boy but that was not his, it was his parents. He wanted to stand by Vee whom he admired not just because he was his boyfriend but because Vee was an outstanding man.

"So you leaned on to someone instead of talking it out with me? Is that it?"

Mark was flustered. He shakes his head vigorously. "No Phi. That guy you saw with me that day, he was a friend from another college who helped me a lot about my thesis. He's already in a relationship too."

"Are you telling me I misunderstood?"

Mark nodded his head. Vee sighed. "Shouldn't you hold onto me tighter? We promised that we would be dealing with any problem that would come our way together? You;ve killed me for the second time there."

"P'Vee..." Mark's tears fell again. "There was something I learned when we grew apart because of our schedules and lifestyle. Sometimes, not all fights were meant to be won, it was a fight that I needed to surrender for me to restart and take another route so that I could be together with you."