Stay

Mike ran for his life panting harshly. how had this lunatic gotten in? some man in a purple uniform was chasing him with a knife. Mike had his bat on his shoulder, but didn't want to get close enough to use it. he turned and looked at the man then turned back as he kept running. the animatronics were gone. Mike's heart dropped, where had the four children come from? they looked angry but fearful.

"go! run! he's going to kill you!" Mike shouted. he turned, skidding across the floor, and swung his bat hard at the man, hitting him in the head. he was stabbed in the side and hissed, but he couldn't let those kids get hurt. he backed up some, slowly towards the children, pushing them back. "get back. its okay. I won't let anything happen. go hide." Mike told them. they looked between themselves, almost confused.

"you see them too then?" he growled. Mike glared at the man and swung his bat hard. the man ducked and stabbed Mike hard in the stomach before punching him in the face. three of the children looked at the oldest boy, almost scared. he pointed immediately at the man in purple, who was stabbing Mike repeatedly. suddenly the animatronics came running to his rescue. Mike gasp harshly dragging himself away from the fight slowly.

"you kids need to run." Mike winced. the kids looked at him, scared. Mike groaned lowly and winced. Foxy loomed over him. "I don't.... don't care what happens to me.... but d-d-don't touch those kids." Mike hissed. blood was gushing from his wounds and mouth. the Pirate animatronic tilted his head and scooped him up gently. Mike hissed. the animatronic gently carried him over to the children then laid him down.

"we can't save you." the older boy said, he was wearing a brown shirt. Mike looked confused breathing heavily.

"you can't save us either. he got us a long time ago." the boy in a purple shirt said. Mike paused as he seemed to realize.

"y0-you... you're the kids... th-the miss... missing kids... from... the 80's?" Mike ask. the boy in the brown shirt nodded.

"w-we wanna go home." the girl said quietly, sniffling.

"we're scared." the older boy said, voice quivering.

"we're tired... angry..." the boy in purple said. "w-we can't help it." he murmured.

"we don't wanna hurt anymore." the boy in red said. the animatronics walked up behind the children, that respectfully seemed to match them. Mike looked between them.

"we're cold." the older boy said.

"can you help us?" the girl ask. Mike's lungs were filling with blood, he was dying. he wouldn't make it. he stared at the children, he didn't really want them to see him die.

"I-I'm cold too kid." Mike murmured tearfully. he watched them. the animatronics settled in around him.

"i-if we stay with you... will you stay with us?" the boy in red ask. Mike nodded at them. he could suddenly see their injuries. the older boy had been stabbed like him. the boy in the purple had been stabbed repeatedly in the back, he looked slightly younger than the first boy. the girl had been strangled and beaten, just slightly younger than the other two. the boy in red had been stabbed in the eye and his throat had been slit, he looked to be the youngest of all. Mike coughed and looked at the kids.

"I-I'm sorry.... I-I-I don't.... don't... don-don't want you ki-kids to s-see...." Mike winced. the children huddled together, looking between each other then cuddled to Mike.

"we won't leave you." the girl said quietly. they laid with the guard until his heart finally gave and he was gone. he slowly sat up and looked around, he was dead. he saw a bright blinding yellow light.

"you kids see that too?" Mike ask. they nodded cowaring behind him fearfully. "its okay. come on. I'm not going to leave you." Mike assured standing. the boy in the red shirt walked over and reached up. Mike picked him up gently and held him. slowly the other three walked over. the boy in red held tightly to Mike, allowing the dead guard to hold two of the three other hands. the little girl immediately latched onto his hand, and the boy in brown let the boy in purple take his other. "I won't leave you, but I can't hold your hand." Mike assured the boy. he swallowed and stepped in front of Mike.

"I always promised I'd lead them out of here." he said quietly. Mike smiled and nodded at him.

"you were Freddy. makes sense. you... lead your friends." Mike said. the boy gave a sad smile.

"actually.... i-it's Gabriel...." he said softly. Mike smiled and nodded.

"Gabriel, you promised you'd lead your friends out of here, go a head. we're right behind you." Mike said. the boy nodded and slowly stepped into the light, Mike followed with the other three children, pausing only a second to look at the animatronics.

"whats gonna happen to them?" the boy in red as quietly.

"I'm not sure kiddo, but I know they'll be okay." Mike smiled and turned back walking into the light after Gabriel. he'd done it, even if it took his death to do it, he figured out what happened to those children and he'd helped them. he set them free.