I Got Hit Twice This Week

Have you ever cursed so loud where you want to let all creatures in the earth know how mad you are because your sleep got interrupted by the nonstop ringing of your phone?

  Well, I just did!

  I wanted to throw my phone out of the window, let it sink under the Pacific, blow it along with the volcano, but I'm an unemployed teen with not enough money to buy myself a new phone. Plus, I don't want to hear a long ear shaking, eyes tearing, nose scrunching, mouth wobbling message about how expensive phones are from my mom so I decided against it.

  If this is not as important as I've anticipated, I'd rip my head off. I swear.

  Cursing whoever this is, I jam the answer button and pushed the phone near my ear against my will. “Hello! What do you want?” I snapped, not looking whose number it is.

  The blast of music welcome my drums, along with the shouting of crazy drunk teens. I heard a long sigh before the voice of my so called favorite friend was heard. “Heeeeeeey faveeee freeeenny! ”

  I frown, a little irritated at her. “Shia? Why on earth did you interrupt my sleep?”

  The other line went silent for a moment, and I was about to end the call when I heard her sob. My vision suddenly cleared and all my senses were awake within a second. What in the world? I only heard Shia cry for like 3 times and it feels new hearing her sob so hard like this.

  “Shia! What's going on? What happened? Why are you crying? Do you want me to come and pick you? ”

  All I heard was her weep until she finds her voice again to speak. “I-in-interrupted my boy-” she hiccups and sobs a little again before continuing, “-m-my boyfriend having s-sex with another girl! I-he cheated on me.”

  My eyes, which was slightly open, enlarged. Oh crap. I knew the book was right when they told me about the boyfriend and cheating part.

  “I'll come and pick you up. Are the girls with you? ”

  “N-no! I'm aloneeeeee outsideeee. C-come here! Pick meeeeeeee.”

  Then the line went dead. I didn't waste my time. I quickly changed my shirt and put on a comfy pants. It was not hard sneaking out of the house since the parents and the kid are heavy sleepers. There could be an apocalypse happening in our backyard and their eyes will still stay shut until their alarm rings. That's how they value sleep.

  Thanking my dad for not getting rid of our small bikes, which I used to ride when I was still in grade school, I used it to go to the party. I can't wake my mom or dad and ask them for a ride. Also, I'm forbidden to use the car so I have no choice. The last time I risked sneaking their car, I was phoneless for a month. The pedal of the bike is so small that my feet can barely paddle it, and I look ridiculous riding it, but I want to play superhero for today. This is me saving my friend's ass because she was hurt by her cheating boyfriend. What a typical tragic story.

  Damn my feet hurts pedalling this bike.

  I hope Shia lets me drive her car later. I don't want to carry her with this bike. Nuh-uh. I came across a group of teens around my age walking and they all turn to look at me as if I just got out of asylum.

  One of them whistled and shouted, “Dang, girl! You are rocking that bike!”

  I played along and shouted, “Thanks! I stole it from a kid nearby!” Then my feet acted to pedall my bike faster. I hope they didn't see my face. As entertaining as the thought of them remembering me, I don't want them to think of me as the crazy girl from the street.