Chapter One:Today

Where is he?

Suddenly he got disappered. He went from class before everyone. I went outside the classroom to look for him. The field was empty. He was not even sitting under the tree. The tree is the only place where he sits after the class time. But it is also empty.

That time I really wanted to go home as I was so tired and it was so sunny. But I really need to look for him. Where can he go? He is definitely in the school. He does not go home so early after school. After today's incident, its sure that he is sitting somewhere alone.

I searched almost the whole school, except one place. That is our school library. As far I have seen, he likes to spend time in library. Whenever I go to the library, I always see him reading a thick book. So I went there.

I opened my shoes and went inside. I saw the librarian who was working with thousands of books gathered together. Her spectacles had came to her nose,but she didn't care at all. The whole library was empty.

"Miss, Did Ryan came today here?"I asked.

"No".

She gave the reply as usual. Everyone of this school is scared of her. Teachers are also scared of her. Not only me, nobody in the school has never seen her in a joyful mood.

I lost all of my hopes and started walking towards home. Today I should be happy, I should celebrate. But still I can't find happiness. I don't know what should I do!

Today our Geography test results was published. Geography. When I listen to this word, my mind suddenly becomes happier. Because that's my favourite subject. And geography teacher is also my favourite teacher.

Today when miss entered the classroom, her first statement was,

"My dear students, today I am going to give your exam copies. I will call your name one by one and you will collect your results."

Miss started to call one by one. Some times later, She said,

"Anaya, Roll number 10. Come here dear."

That's me! My heart was beating very fast. Slowly I started going towards her.

"Students, let's give a big clap for Anaya. She has scored 25 out of 25." She said.

Everyone started giving clap,including Ryan also. I was feeling a little bit shy.

"Go and have your sit dear." Miss said.

I went to my sit and was waiting for his results. Minutes later, I saw miss was looking at a result so deeply. Then she said,

"I want to call Ryan now".

He came out from his sit and went infront of the teacher. Miss kept her hands on his shoulder, and said,

"Ryan, I don't want to say it but,you have the lowest results."

He just took the sheet from her hand and went back to his sit. The class was so silent that time. Everyone's concentrate was in him.

He putted his hands on his face and he just, he just started crying. Miss became sad and she tried to comfort him. All the boys of the class were shouting "wake up boy", wake up". But he continued crying.

I don't know what to do. How can I celebrate? Today is a very conflicting day,of course!

I continued walking. After a while, I reached the graveyard which was very near to my home. I could feel a very beautiful air coming. Today is so sunny and it is so hot. I sat in the bench outside the graveyard.

After sitting for sometime, I looked at the graveyard. I saw many graves there. Suddenly I saw a boy who was standing infront of the middle grave. What? I know that grave! Who is the boy and what is he doing here? I went inside the graveyard quietly. I went more further. I tried to see the boy's face clearly. Thats Ryan. That's Ryan! What is he doing here?

I saw that his lips are moving. He is talking. But with whom? It was like he is talking with the grave. His cheeks was full of tears. He was looking at the grave with full attention. It is his mother's grave.....

[To be continued]