A Faltering Heart

Part 4 - A FALTERING HEART

-xoOox-

I feel like I'm slowly losing u. :(

Why wud u say that? U know how much I care about u, right? I love u.

I love u, too. I love u so much. :(

-xoOox-

It was too early in the morning and P'Mild was already being too touchy with P'Mew. I don't like it. I know it didn't make any sense. I know I had no right to feel like this, but I feel what I feel, and when you combine it with morning grumpiness, well, let's just say that my sleep-deprived resting bitch-face just became more pronounced.

P'Mew was in the middle of a human-puppy pile with P'Mild, P'Run, P'Kok, Mawin and Kaownah. They were all joking around noisily and teasing each other on the floor in the middle of the room. P'Mew was lying on P'Mild's lap while reading his copy of the script while P'Mild was lazily playing with P'Mew's hair. They looked too damn cozy for my liking.

As agreed, I sought P'Mew out as soon as I arrived, and when I spotted him, I immediately marched up to their human-puppy pile. I nudged P'Mew with my foot to get his attention, and he looked surprised for a second before sitting up.

"Sawadee khrub," I mumbled, made wai to everyone, and in response, they all suddenly quieted down and gave wai in return in a strange cacophony of sawadee khrubs.

With a smile on his face, P'Mew reached for my hand. "Why such a huge scowl on your face, Nong?"

In response, I just grunted and mumbled something unintelligible before sinking down next to P'Mew. And as expected, he pulled me close and locked me in his embrace as soon as I sat down. Ah, this feels nice.

"Oooiiii." I heard everybody jeer and tease, but I was in no frame of mind to respond to them so I ignored them, and simply closed my eyes.

"P'Mew, it's too early for you two to do this naaa." I heard Kaownah laughingly complain.

"Phiiiii, make them shut up," I whined, deliberately making a small and smug mischievous smile on my lips while curling even smaller into P'Mew's hug.

"You all heard him, so please just shut up," P'Mew raised his voice a decibel higher and jokingly addressed everyone.

"OOOOIIIII!!!" They jeered and teased even louder.

"Phi, practice your fan-service elsewhere! You make us feel single too much!" It was P'Kok who spoke with a beaming grin on his face.

"Fan-service? There aren't even any fans here." P'Mew replied, amusement obvious in his voice. "We just do what we feel like doing, right, Nong?" He squeezed me even tighter as he spoke.

"Shai," I smiled and nodded.

"Alai wa? That isn't fan-service at all." P'Mild chuckled as he responded. "It's SELF-SERVICE!" Then he raised a hand to P'Run for a high-five.

Self-service. I like this word better than fan-service.

P'Mew is naturally affectionate and clingy, especially to people he's close with like P'Mild. That's one of the things I noticed about him once the workshops began in earnest. That, and he felt like sunshine, the kind that's warm and welcoming but not too bright and assaulting to the senses. So I'm not surprised why our other co-stars were drawn to him like moths to a flame.

The one good thing about our previous conversation about skinship and consent is that we've somehow figured out our dynamics. We spent almost every minute during workshops closely entwined with each other. Even when we're not rehearsing a scene, we're still within each other's personal space. It got to the point that not having P'Mew closely touching me made me feel empty. This was why I felt hollow and thoroughly beat at the end of every workshop.