Chapter 3

Shadow had just woken up, he wished that what had happened was just a dream, a nightmare. But it wasn't, he knew. He looked at the clock, on the bookshelf, next to his bed, it said 14:00. The room was inside the headquarters of G.U.N., there were rooms available for agents who had nowhere to sleep.

The hedgehog just fluffed his pillow, and lay down again, leaning his forehead against the wall. There was a knock on the door. The hedgehog did not answer. Again more beats. Shadow ignored it again. The door then opened. There were his robot friend, E-123 Omega, and his commander, Abraham Tower. The hedgehog didn't even look at them. The commander had a card in his hand, which he used to open the door.

"He's all yours." The commander withdrew.

Omega entered the room and the door closed, shortly thereafter.

"Shadow. Commander Tower informed me that you haven't been out of that room for 3 days. Does not answer when called. Also, he gave no information on the whereabouts of Agent Rouge, who is missing."

"I don't need to eat."

"Yes. The ultimate life form. You always say that, but you never beat me, right?"

Shadow did not answer.

"Shadow, although I don't understand much about this thing that you flesh beings have, that you call feelings. It is clear to me that you are not well. What happened? This has to do with the disappearance of Rouge."

The hedgehog did not answer.

"Shadow, the commander said that if you continue like this, you will have to leave. Since you are not contributing to them."

Ignored once again, Omega headed for the bedroom door. "Shadow, if you want to stay like this, I will look for Rouge alone."

"Wait."

Omega turned to the hedgehog.

"I will tell you."