Forbidden Love

"Be careful on your way, Red. Don't talk to strangers especially to the werewolves lurking in the forest." Her mother reminded her for the nth time and finally gave her the basket of fresh apples they picked from their orchard. 

"Yes, mother." Red kissed her mother good bye and walked out to the door.

She pulled up the hood of her red cape and looked at the sky. What a bright sunny day it is. She smiled inwardly and walked down the hill.

"Good day, Red Riding Hood!"

Village people greeted her and she greeted them back with a bright smile. People in the village would call her Red Riding Hood for she always wear a red one.

She hung her basket on her right arm and quietly went inside the forest, the shortest and easiest way to the town. It had already been her task to deliver apples to her Grandma's fruit stand in the town's market.

The birds chirped playful melodies and it was so lovely to hear them with the warm touch of sun rays passing above the leafy and old strong trees.

She heard something among the melodies and turned behind but no one was there. She shrugged and continued walking and still has the feeling that someone was following her. Creepy it may sound but she felt otherwise.

Red was about to pass the borders out of the forest when she heard someone call behind her.

"E-excuse me!"

Her heart skipped a beat and she hastily turned and saw a man in her age. He wore a shirt with its sleeves torn a bit and has little stain of dirt. His pants were also torn at the ends and his shoes looked a bit old and he has...leaves and twigs on his head and shoulders.

"U-uhmm...you dropped your apple!" He blushed. His golden locks fell down on his face covering his bright green eyes. He handed the apple to her in a shy gesture.

"Why, thank you," she said and took it from him without removing her sight on him. "You could've took it for yourself. I won't notice it, anyways."

He looked at her in surprise. "I-I'm sorry!" And then bowed his head trying not to look at her in the eyes.

"No, no. You need not to be sorry." She giggled and thought he was adorable if not for his height. He was a foot taller than her and she wondered how a giant like him can act so adorable.

"Were you following me?" she asked in pure curiousity and looked up at his bowed head. He flinched. He smelled nice to her in this distance despite his appearance.

"U-uhmm, yes...I mean no...I mean yes, kind of...but I didn't mean to---"

"Why?"

"Because you're pretty..." he said and blushed again. He turned away from her, quick. Dang it!

He heard her giggle and he turned back to her hoping his cheeks' hotness subsided. Her auburn locks bounced as she suppressed her giggles.

It was a more fascinating sight than looking at her from a distance.

Red looked up at him when she noticed he was staring at her like she was a new discovery and...beautiful. She blushed at the thought and waved it away. He's a stranger. You barely know him and so does he.

Red opened her basket and took an apple. She gave it to him. He was obviously surprised with the act but he still took it.

"U-Uhmm...you can have that. I don't mind and I have to go by the way," she stepped back. "See you again sometime." And she ran out of the forest with her heart beating so fast leaving the man beet red.