22

"Hm, aren't you suppose with your boyfriend today, Y/N-chan?" Matsukawa wondered as he entered the gym of Aoba Johsai and spotted the familiar younger girl on the bench who probably arrived with her cousin, Oikawa Toru.

"Well, him and his team are on their way to another school for training for today so I decided to join you guys for today again!" You grinned at the light-haired male as you answered his question.

"All attention's going to be on her rather than on me again today." Oikawa childishly whined as he held a volleyball with two of his hands. Hanamaki and Matsukawa shared a laugh while another volleyball player of Seijoh walked in the gym.

"Y/N being here only proves that someone blood-related to you is better than you in particular." The newly arrived volleyball player, Iwaizumi, spat out. He couldn't care less to Oikawa, who started childishly protesting, as he placed his volleyball bag down and then ruffling the younger girl's hair before warming up.

As usual, the group of four closely-knitted third-years arrived earlier than the others although Oikawa was always the first one to arrive so he always has the key of the school gym.

----

After an hour, all of the members of Seijoh's volleyball club have arrived and as usual, the coach trusted the team's captain, Oikawa, in taking the lead for today's warm-up and training.

While everyone were busy with warming up, the gym doors were suddenly loudly opened and a fellow volleyball member  entered while chewing on the bread he held up on his mouth before gulping it down and taking another bite from the bread.

"Hey!" Yahaba yelled at the newly arrived member as he stormed towards the boy who looked unfazed as he kept his glaring eyes while he still continued chewing on the bread he held. "Don't just show up for the first time in forever and act like nothing happened!" Yahaba yelled again.

"Now, now. Calm down, Yahaba." A sudden voice interrupted the two second-years.

"Oikawa-san." The name of their captain who interrupted them slip through his lips.

"It's been a while. I've been waiting for you." Oikawa grinned at the player that had just arrived as he walked forward, his long arms slowly holding on both of his hips. "Welcome back, Mad Dog-chan." Oikawa greeted 'Mad Dog' happily with a closed-eyes smile.

"So, who's that 'Mad Dog'?" Kindaichi curiously asked Yahaba.

"Kyoutani Kentarou, a second year. 'Mad Dog' is a nickname that Oikawa-san came up with." Yahaba briefly explained as he kept his arms crossed against his chest. "He was pretty famous back in junior high, right?"

"Oh, yeah. I remember." Kindaichi agreed. "South Third Junior High was really good just for that one year."

While Yahaba continued explaining regarding Kyoutani, you have just walked out of the storage room. Your eyes landed to where all the volleyball players are and it looked like everyone, except for your cousin, were all mad--well, except for your cousin whose voice you had heard first.

"You're the same as ever, Mad Dog-chan!"

"I wish you'd stop calling me by that weird nickname." Kyoutani replied rather coldly with his usual glare.

As you walked further and stopped beside Haru, your cousin spoke yet again while Kyoutani kept his glare. "'Ah, I'm so happy I got to play on the team while Oikawa-san was still here.'" He voiced out with a voice that held only half of playfulness. "That's how I'll make you feel." Oikawa ended with a smirk as he narrowed his eyes at the blond-haired second year who had suddenly jumped back in wariness towards their captain.