Prologue

Copyright©2014 by stella_sparksfly

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the publisher.

The Clock's Chain
Prologue

Police cars and ambulance sirens light up that certain building. It was such a cold night that one's breathe can create a slight fog. The rescue team was shouting something while polices held back the over-curious citizen.

Rayne Norringthon snugs into his jeans-blue jacket as he stepped down the dimly light street. He notices a crowd was surrounding a spot, along with polices.

What's going on there?

Just as he was going to drag his feet to that huge commotion in the middle of the night, his eyes caught a suspicious shadow running to the nearest alley.

He wasn't even an adventurous guy to begin with, but for some reason, his brain commanded him to follow that shadow.

"HEY STOP RIGHT THERE!"

The multiple sounds of footsteps echoed on that dark-narrow street as he keeps chasing. But soon, he found himself has lost that person's trace.

A quite thick fog appeared as he sighed. He was thinking to report his witness of a suspicious shadow when he saw a piece of paper left down on the icy ground.

No, he never saw it coming. Not until he realized that all of these was strongly connected to him. Including this letter with his last name attached on the back of the white envelope.

He spun back and started to run as fast as he can, back to the building where something had happened.

The sun was approaching on the east, lifting the thick-cold-layer of air and that was when he finally came to his senses.

That building, where polices and ambulances surround is where he spent the long-cold night. That's where he lived.

His feet urges him to dash through the police line but everyone holds him back as he was screaming his older brother's name desperately. He knew that something was wrong; he should have asked his brother what's wrong. But now it is too late.

Aaron Norringthon is no longer here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey wattpaders! This is my first both trilogy and mystery book so... hope you guys like it! Be sure to click that little vote button if you like it and let me know what you think about it on the comments! See ya!