The past

- People always change after being hurt.

........

Flashback

She holds Areta lovingly in her arm. She never feels this feeling before with her other's children but she feels it when Areta was born. Maybe because she found someone that loves her for the real her, not because of her beauty or her power and she love him back. Never in a million years, she thought she would fall in love with a god. A god who was born not from Rhea and Kronos but from Gaia and Ouranos, the first god and goddess who were born from the Chaos. He was hidden from Ouranos as Gaia doesn't want he found out that he is powerful than his father. The revolt happens and you know the rest. 

Damen who still alive for a long time finally show himself and Aphrodite found out that she falls in love with him. They both declare love to each other and Areta is the result of the love. She smiles when remembering the first time she met with him until now. Areta whines a bit and she quickly hums a lullaby for her daughter. Areta immediately falls asleep when hearing the lullaby. 

Suddenly, someone hugs her from behind and she knew who is it. She turns around and smiles at him. Damen kiss her sweetly and she's melting from the kiss. He broke the kiss and smile widely. She blushes a bit when seeing his smile. "I miss you, Damen" She looks into his eyes. "I miss you too, love. But you know Zeus. He always told me to go down to earth to look after the human." He said while sighing softly. "Kill him then. You are powerful than him." She said it and Damen look shocked at first immediately laugh. "Do you want to start a war? Besides, he is your brother." He pinches the bridge of her nose and she just pouts. 

"Father?" Areta rubs her eyes slowly and looks toward her father. Damen smile before taking her in his arm. "I miss you..." Areta said sleepily and Damen reply it back. She grinned at her father before kissing on his left cheek. "Let's play together!" Areta said before hopping off her father's arm and running away from him. "Wait for me!" Damen said and start to chase her. The garden was full of their laugh. Aphrodite smile at the view and hope that this will be her forever happy ending. But it's not.

.....

Aphrodite sat in front of Zeus with widened eyes. "What do you mean?!" She shouts at him, making him flinch a bit. He never knew that the goddess of beauty and love could be this mad. "I'm telling the truth. He was cheating on you with a human." He said calmly. "He would never do that to me! He loves me!" She stood up and start to walk out of the room. "Aphrodite, accept the fact that he does not love you anymore!" He sternly said to his sister and she stops in her track. 

"You were lying..." 

 She said it softly making Zeus softened his expression a bit. He knew Aphrodite has changed since she with Damen but never he knew that she change fully. "He's right, Aphrodite." A familiar voice echo in the room and Damen walk to the room. She looks at him, disbelief of what he said. "I'm cheating on you, Aphrodite." He said again and it shatters her heart badly. A tear escape her blue eyes and followed by others. She never feels this pain before but now, it's hurting her so badly. 

"Since when..." She asks. "A few years ago." He said and she finally realized it. "I love her, Aphrodite. I truly do." Damen try to come closer to Aphrodite but she moved a step back. She held her head low, hand clenching and trembling. "I'm going to kill her." She said flatly and suddenly the room was shaking. "Aphrodite, Stop!" Damen starts to run toward her but he got flung back. Zeus saw her once light pink aura turns red. He knows that this side of her is very dangerous so he makes a barrier around her to calm her down. Aphrodite who notice this glare at Zeus and try to break loose but she fail miserably as it only makes her weaken so she falls on her knees. 

"Sister, calm down. You will destroy half of the human if you continue it." Zeus went to Aphrodite and caressed her hair softly and she starts to cry. Zeus knows she's hurting so bad as she always so calm when a thing becomes bad. He stares at Damen, who was walking to her. "Stop, Damen." He stops in his track and looks at Aphrodite with a regretful expression. Zeus sighs a bit before making his decision. 

"Damen, you are going to live with the human for the rest of your life. Your power will be taken away as you no longer a god. Did you understand?" He just nods before looking at Zeus. "I have another wish, Zeus." Zeus just nods for him to continue. "I want to take Areta with me." 

Aphrodite looks at him with a puffy eye and stands up even though her knee is still weak. "I can't let you take her!" She yelled and Damen look at her eyes. "Please, Aphrodite. She's my daughter. I want her to learn about human." She wiped her tears and look sternly at him. "If you take her, how about me?!" "You have your other children but I only have her." Damen plead to her. 

"She's my only daughter that I love!" She yelled again to him. "And I will never let her learn about those filthy humans!" Zeus put his hand on her shoulder to calm her down and look at Damen. "Your daughter is a goddess and I can't let her stay down there. Therefore, she will stay with Aphrodite." Damen just nod and look back at Aphrodite. "Your time is up," Zeus said and light surrounds Damen. "I'm sorry..." He said to her and she just looks at him with blank eyes. 

"I hate you." She spits it and Damen teleported to the human world. "Aphrodite..." She turns her back and walks to the exit. "See you later, Zeus." She said it coldly and leave the room.

....

Every day, she will be crying until no more tears come out. She neglected her duty and her daughter. A piece of her was ripped out of her soul and she can't heal it or place it. She turns away all of the gods and goddesses who want to meet her and secluded herself in her room.

 A week later, Areta who missed her mother went to her room and open the door after knocking at it. "Mother?" No one answered her. She stepped in the room and notice that the room was messy. "What are you doing here?!" A sharp voice was heard and she can saw her mother who looks messy. Aphrodite went to her and push her out of the room. "Go away!" Areta who feel shocked try to enter the room again but Aphrodite glared at her. 

"Don't you understand?! I said go out!" She pushes her until she falls on her back. Areta's eyes fill with tears. "Mother.." She said it softly. "Don't you dare to call me mother! I wish I never love him and had you in the first place!" Aphrodite yelled at her and throw a vase to her and It fell right in front of her but the shard manages to scratch her cheek and her hand. Tears start to stream down her face as she looks blankly at her mother. Aphrodite falls on her knees and cry loudly. 

"Aphro – Oh my god. Areta!" Hera quickly kneeled beside Areta and hold her cheek softly. She saw a bleeding wound on her cheek and her hand. She pulls Areta to stand up and held her close to her. "Aphrodite, whatever happens, you shouldn't hurt her! She's innocent!" Hera said sharply to Aphrodite but she didn't say anything back. 

Athena who heard Hera's voice went to her and notice the little girl. She kneeled in front of her and try to calm her down but she notices that Areta's eyes was blank. She quickly stands up and looks at Aphrodite. She feels sad for her as she never saw Aphrodite like this before. "Areta will stay with other goddesses until you finally compose yourself and start to do your duty," Hera said and teleported her and Areta to her place. 

Athena went to Aphrodite and hug her softly. "It's okay, sister. We will take care of Areta. For now, focus on your healing." She said softly and Aphrodite hugs her back.

Aphrodite eventually healed for her and Areta's sake. When she finally meets Areta for the first time, she saw her blank eyes and know she has lost her emotion completely. She swore to herself that she will fix her back.

End of flashback

......

Aphrodite looks back at Areta and sigh. How she wishes she could turn back the time and fix everything. "Your grace." A servant bow to her and she looked at her. "Zeus would like to meet you now." Aphrodite just nods and look back at her daughter. "Areta, return to your room once you done." She said to her before she walks away from her daughter. Areta lowered her head, trying to feel anything but she can't. She glances to her mother's back, wishing that she could love her mother just like before.

.......