Incidents of a First Day

Hawthorne and Amelie glanced at each other then back at Jasper. "Yes?" Amelie asked.

"I was wondering if I could talk to you?" He asked as he glanced around.

"Well this is my cue to go woo the ladies." Hawk walked away and Jasper glanced at him for a moment before his attention once again was on Amelie. His eyes were intense as he stood there rigid.

"Um, yeah.. What's up?" Amelie asked awkwardly.

"I'm sorry for the way I acted earlier.. I uh.. was feeling ill." He explained as Amelie gave him a once over, the smell of death hitting her nose again. It was like these kids were dead or something.

"It's fine, I didn't take any offense.." She drifted off as not too far behind Jasper, stood a mangled body. Amelie's eyes widened a fraction as her heart started palpating in her chest. Her hands started twitching, tendrils of black surrounding her fingers. "Fuck." She muttered as she squeezed her hands shut, eyes closing for a moment in concentration.

" She muttered as she squeezed her hands shut, eyes closing for a moment in concentration

"You. Can. See. Me." Amelie opened her eyes and the mangled figure stood in front of her. Her eyes turned into saucers as she tried not to scream.

"Amelie?" Jasper asked but his voice was just a background as the mangled body in front of her suddenly opened its mouth and out poured dark red blood and suddenly Amelie's mouth was hanging open, a shriek coming out of her mouth as she threw herself away from the blood, falling onto her ass on the floor. She scrambled back as it laughed, a sadistic noise.

"Amelie!" Yelled Hawk, running from across the gym towards her as Jasper backed up just as Alice came fluttering over, asking him questions frantically.

"Magic! You're magic!" It taunted. Suddenly Hawthorne was beside her, grabbing her arm and holding it as she squeezed him and put her face into his arm sobbing.

"Amelie! Amelie, what's going on?" Hawthorne whispered to her fervently.

"Somethings wrong, the spirits are sick here." Amelie whispered harshly to him. "I have to get out of here." She told him, her voice shaking. He helped her up quickly as everyone looked at her as if she was insane.

"She's fine! Stomach cramps.. really intense.." Hawthorne didn't even try to put on any charm as he rushed her out of the gym. "What do you mean the spirits are sick?" He asked her as they got out of the gym.

"There was a spirit.. it was like.. a demon but it wasn't. It's body was mangled to pieces and it opened its mouth and blood poured out. It kept laughing and laughing, the stench was overwhelming.. Jesus Christ." Amelie put her hand over her mouth, her body shaking like a leaf.

"Well having a normal first day went down the drain.." Hawk muttered. "We have to go back in, if only for you to grab our clothes and.. and then I don't know but if that thing is back in there, I need you to show me what you see."