Chapter 27 - ashton

It was only just a week ago when Michael had come up to me talking about this "it" person. Luke told me they are tales that like to be passed on through the townsfolks. Having to be explained on who this person was, still confused me.

Where in the world would Michael find this out from? I took a journey to Alderaan, where Michael lives. There's not much there, only a place where his kingdom is by a huge steep mountain on the side. The sky is mostly clear and nature grows on its own with no inference from anyone. The place is busy and roaming with people but at the same, it's peaceful. Nothing compared to where I live.

I found Michael outside in front of the doors that lead inside the castle. He's by this small, wide patch of dirt right in the middle where a tree is growing. Growing out of the ground are random shaped looking diamonds. Not diamonds, those are rare to find. It must be a crystal. Michael pulls one out the ground and scratches off the dirt and soon revealing it to be a glowing purple. Everyone calls them crystals yet their really called soul gems. The one Michael is holding is called a lesser soul gem. They enchant weapons and armor for a high defense and attack. I don't think I'll question Michael on how he got his hands on that soul gem, I mean he gets these strange artifacts and no one knows how and where he got them from. It's all a mystery.

"Is that a soul gem?" I questioned Michael who looked up at me in an instant and got up from his crouched position. He pocketed the soul gem and walked over to me smiling and laughing. "Ashton! No one told me you were coming."     He ignored what I had said but I figured he took it as a joke to start up a conversation. "I hope that's alright with you. I have something to ask of you." I didn't tell anyone I was coming.

"What about?"

"Yesterday," His smile faded as soon as I mentioned what went on the day before. "What was that all about? It was odd seeing you like that." It was also quite terrifying to see him act that way. He's never done that in all the years I've known him. He took in a breath and said, "Follow me." We began walking beside the castle. There was a railing at the edge up in front of us to prevent us from falling down the hill on which this place is built. A bench is placed near so that you could be able to view the scene and possibly think, read, do whatever is necessary. He sat down on the bench and I followed suit.

"Can I ask you something?" He said after a bit of silence. I motioned for him to go on. "Do you believe in past lives?"

"Perhaps...why?" Why is he asking me about past lives? I came here for a direct answer on what went on yesterday and why he acted up all of the sudden.

"I do," He pulls out the soul gem from his pocket and held it in between us. "I'd assume you know what this is. This isn't just for magical weapons, this happens to show you a past life and not just any past life, your past life, if used correctly of course." I examine the gem once more before he covers his hold hand around it.

In confusion, I asked, "I don't question these sorts of things from you but how did you discover that?" He laughs and looks at the sun setting. "I know more than you do, more than you could possibly know."

.

"Awaken someone?" I say in a disbelieving voice. Luke nodded. "And you're sure you didn't mistake him for someone else?" He must've mistaken Michael for someone else or maybe he was dreaming.

"Would I ever lie to you?" He gave me a look and I ended up sighing. "Right now, I have to find Calum then we can sort things out about this prince stuff later."

"I should come with you," I state getting ready to head off with him but he stops me.

"No, stay here. I'll be back." He points a finger to the floor and leaves me. I didn't listen to him. Instead, I sneakily followed him from behind. I had to know why he had a purple crystal and why he was so urgent to talk to Calum. I never told him where Calum might be and I figured he must've known where he's at since apparently they get on well with each other.

He ended up entering the library I was just in a few minutes ago and leaving it adjacent. I placed my back against the wall, peering inside to see Calum turning around to the sound of Luke's voice. Luke pulled out the purple gem for Calum to have a look. He tried giving it back to him only for Calum to decline it as he continuously shook his head.

"I don't know where you got this from but you should go." I heard Calum say.

"Go? This is yours -- I stole it from you and I came to return it to you."

"Well, you shouldn't have. Luke, leave. I'm assigning you back to Ashton."

"You can't do that. I have you know I'm uh... I'm also royalty, therefore, I'm a prince and do not give me orders."

I couldn't see them from up close and I had a feeling Calum's eyes went wide at the mention of him being a prince. Does Calum know or does he not know? I thought. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder and I flinch back to see who it was. It was Michael, I had almost forgotten about him. A silent gasp came from me and Michael out his index finger to his lips to keep me quiet. I swallowed and nodded as he dragged me away from the open doors.

When we were from a far distance, I gave Michael a glare and crossed my arms. "You've been acting pretty suspicious this past month. Is everything alright?"

"Yes. Everythings alright. I need to ask something of you though."

"Ask me what?" I uncrossed my arms and raised my eyebrow waiting to hear what Michael has to say.

"You told me you had magical powers, remember?" He waved his hand around, pretending how magic works.

"Of course I remember although you were right, I was drunk and imagined things as I imagine many other dreams..." I trailed on.

"No, I was wrong. It was real. I can teach you how to use it and better yet, control it."

To be continued...