Chapter nineteen | Problems

Time goes by and days are normal in my life. I go to school, eat dinner, and sleep. On occasion I hang out with Ben, when he doesn't have to deal with his dad. Me and Ben went to a diner this afternoon for lunch and it's nice seeing his face again.

"What's your favorite drink?" I ask drinking my water.

"I think... Mountain Dew." He says nodding.

I smile while thinking about mine, "Dr. Pepper." 

"That's good too. I guess." He says laughing. 

"Yeah." I sigh.

He takes my hand while looking at me with a worried expression.

"What's wrong?" He asks..

"What's wrong? I should ask you the same thing." I say squeezing his hand.

He sighs while leaning back, "Emma... I'm fine."

"We're together, you don't have to hide things." I say watching him

"I'm not, I promise, you just don't need to worry." He says looking me in my eyes.

"If it's your da-"

"Emma." He interrupts, "I just want to be here with you, you're my distraction."

"Okay." I sigh, "If it's what you want."

He nods while pulling me out of my seat to walk with him. I look back to see the table in worry.

"I paid." He says smiling.

"You know me so well." I admit laughing.

"I do." He says proudly.

When we get in the car he immediately turns on the heat. I sit shivering while waiting for him to pull out.

"Here." He says shrugging off his jacket.

I take it and push my arms through the sleeves revealing how much longer his arms are compared to mine.  I hear him lightly chuckle before beginning to pull out.

"Thank you." I say.

"It's you jacket." He says.

I look over at him and his big smile, "What?"

"You can keep it." He says making it more obvious.

I slap my forehead feeling stupid, "Thanks."

I watch as his hang slides off the wheel and onto my thigh. Blushing I look over at his blank stare on the road. Admiring all of his features, the way his jawline looks, his muscles and eyes that stay fixed ahead.

"Stare much?" He asks.

I continue to stare, "Of course, just admiring what's mine."

"I'll have to do that later." He says laughing lightly.

His smile is breathtaking every time I see it. Everyday I feel more close to him and it only scares me how much I'm falling for him. I just hope he is too. But for now I'll sit and enjoy the presence of the boy I love driving me home. When will I tell him? 

"Here we are." 

"Emma?"

I wake up to hands I know too well shaking my shoulders. Opening my eyes slowly I look at Ben's smiling face.

"We're here." He says lightly.

I climb over and wrap my arms around his neck while nuzzling into it. Wrapping his arms around me he gets out of the car letting my wrap my legs around his waist as he carries me. These are the moments I love so much. I slightly see my aunt through my tired eyes as Ben carries me up the stairs and through my bedroom door.

"Baby... princess, you gotta let go." He says tapping my back.

I shake my head that's still rested in his neck making him laugh.

"I don't want to." I say with a raspy voice.

Ben's POV

"I don't want to." She muffles on my neck.

I chuckle knowing she won't let go. Giving up, I sit on her bed and fall back so she's laying on top of me. I know my dad won't be happy but she's worth it.  I don't even know when but I've fallen so deeply in love with this girl. It's so crazy how she's crept her way into my heart, now I'm not letting her out.

"Thank you." I hear her whisper.

I couldn't be more happy than I am right now. I wouldn't want to be anywhere else. Her warmth will be enough tonight, I can sleep peacefully knowing she's in my arms. 

I wake up to a sleeping Emma still on top of me and her legs on my sides. Even as cute as it was last night I can't help but think how hot this is. I brush the hair out of her squished face that's on my chest. She's the cutest thing I've ever seen, so fragile, I don't plan to break her. She rolls around against me before going back to sleeping. I hope that there are many more of these in the future. She looks at peace and that's all I could ask for. 

"Baby?" I ask rubbing her back.

She groans while keeping  her eyes shut, "Hmm?"

"It's school time." I say being gentle.

"I'm not going." She breathes.

"You sure?" I ask trying not to make her mad.

"Mhm." She hums, "I'm staying right here."

"Sounds good to me." I say squeezing her lightly.

A giggle escapes her before going back to sleeping quietly against my chest. Thank you world, for my angel.