A Christmas Secret (Ianthony)

I’ve been wanting to write an Ianthony Christmas special for a while now. So, here it is! 

And this is pretty self-explanatory, but because this story is Ianthony, it will involve Ian and Anthony in gay situations. If you don’t like that, please just click away.

Also, I write angst and smut so this fluff actually killed me. PLEASE tell me not to ever write fluff again.

BTDubs, this is dedicated to all of my amazing friends on Twitter. Sabrina, Tiffany, Esper, Amy, Katelyn, Kara, Nikki, Amber, Ekram, Summer, Caithlyn, Laura, Athena, Haley, Moa, and everybody else that my crap memory may have forgotten.

Thank you, now enjoy! ^__^

The tree was trimmed, the mistletoe was hung, the presents were wrapped and hidden snuggly underneath the tree, the stockings were perched above the fireplace, and the eggnog had long since been made, and Anthony could hardly contain his excitement. This was the first Christmas he and Ian would be spending together, just the two of them, in ages. This year, they’d be spending Christmas Eve, Christmas — and hopefully every day after — together. Anthony had a plan, one that involved telling Ian how he truly felt about him. He really hoped that he was making the right decisions, because if Ian didn’t feel the same way, bad things were sure to follow. 

But because Ian was just now moving to LA, he would be spending Christmas with Anthony at his apartment. As soon as they’d wrapped up a small gift exchange at Mari and Sohinki’s, Ian was going to his own apartment to grab his things, his presents for Anthony, and Daisy and then he’d be there. 

Anthony was pacing in his living room back and forth, dressed in his normal black shirt and skinny jeans. His white socks were probably stirring up all kinds of static electricity on the carpeting, but he was too antsy to care. Pip was following him, confused. 

Looking behind him, he chuckled. “Sorry, Pip. Daddy’s just a little nervous.” 

As if the Savannah cat understood, he rubbed himself up against Anthony’s legs. Anthony bent down and scratched him behind the ears, evoking a small purr. 

“It’s just…it’s difficult, you know, Pip? I don’t know if Ian’s gonna feel the same way or if he’ll think I’m disgusting or what.” 

Anthony closed his eyes, shuddering at the thought of Ian being repulsed at his feelings. That was probably the worst thing that could happen. That, or maybe if Ian punched him. 

Maybe he needed to rethink this decision. 

The doorbell made Anthony’s mind up for him. It was now or never. He gave Pip one more pat before he ambled over to the door threw it open. There stood his best friend, blue-eyes, bowl-hair, and trimmed beard and all. He was wearing a black and white sweater and jeans and he had a huge grin on his face. He had Daisy on a leash and her tail was wagging quickly. 

Goddamn, he’s adorable, Anthony thought to himself. 

“H-hey,” Anthony stuttered, letting Ian into the apartment. 

Ian stepped inside and smiled at all the decorations. “Merry Christmas, man! You really went all out. It wasn’t exactly necessary, was it?” He chuckled, letting Daisy off of her leash.

Anthony shrugged. “Well, I figured if it was just the two of us, it might as well be the best damn Christmas ever, right?” 

“Daisy begs to differ,” Ian replied, pointing over to where his German Shepherd had settled on the floor in front of the fireplace. “She and Pip are both here, too.”