R

The first week in the class vacation, all their friends tried setting them up. And how did they do that? They got him and her to sit together on a 14 hour flight.

"You're kidding me." A glare from him and a sheepish grin from her.

"Guess you're stuck with me."

"God help me. Beware though, I bought my boxing gloves."

"I bought the rape whistle."

"If you bought that stupid thing then why don't you just get an upgrade?"

"Maybe because everyone else is sitting here and I don't wanna miss out on vital memories... Oh and please be careful when you put your man purse up my camera bag is really fragile." Glare.

"It's not a man purse." Gritted teeth. Angry faces. As they began the taxing and take off, she shut her eyes and pushed her music towards full.

"Thats really loud you wanna go deaf?"

"Can you stop I'm trying to deal with something." Pause. And when he figured out that she was afriad of take-offs, she huffed out, "I watch a hell lot of Air Crash Investigation okay? I know at least fifty ways in which this scene an go down. Shut the fcuk up."

He shoved her but smiled softly when her face turned whiter. "Lemme hear that." He put one head phone in his ear and nodded when the familiar tunes of Ed Sheeran came on. He didn't hold her hand - as much as she's like the comfort, she was relieved - but kept her talking and distracted long enough. But then he had to make a jab at another one of her habits and their comfotable rhythm broke.

"Arsshole."

"Btch."

They kept to themselevs, occaisonally turning around to talk to their respective friends - but never with each other. A few hours in, she fell asleep.

"Oof, you hog get off me." He frowned and pushed her off as her head rolled around sleepily. "Why do you sleep with your head on my shoulder?"

"Because you arsshole, I can't inflate the neck pillow."

"Gimme I'll do it."

"Uh no! Your saliva will contaminate it."

"Don't tell me you still believe in cooties."

"I am a very hygienic person." She said with confidence. "I shower everyday."

"I shower twice a day. Take my neck pillow and piss off will you. For the record, how many times you shower has no relation with how hygenic you are."

That comment made her feel like she knew him but didn't know him and she pushed the thought the away as it would only intitate a heavy burden to settle on her heart. A hour later, when she was asleep and he was watching her, he thought the same thing.The flight progressed and ironically he fell asleep on her shoulder. She grinned before shoving him, an odd rage overcoming her giggles.

"Excuse me arsehole, you're invading my privacy."

"Mhm? Oh sorry." He turned his face over and fell asleep. She took this time to notice how much he had changed since she had met him. Well defined features, nicely built body, weird stubble. Given any other circumstance, she would've flirted but this wasn't any other circumstance. This was the boy she had known since she was twelve. The same boy who acted like an asshole around his friends. This was not any other circumstance.

Later, after they had landed safely, as the group of girls drove out of the airport (the boys followed closely behind), she had a rage fit. "Who's idea was that? Worst 14 hours of my life." The rest of them died of laughter.