✦₊˚.001

( 𝑪𝑯𝑨𝑷𝑻𝑬𝑹 𝑶𝑵𝑬 !.˚₊ ✦ )
❝ a boring rebellion 

˚₊ ✦ )❝ a boring rebellion ❞

VALENTINA LOOKED DOWN AT THE BOX OF MUGGLE HAIR DYE AND BIT HER LIP. 

All the teenage girl ever wanted to do was show her true colors, spread her raven wings and embrace who she was, but perhaps this was too much. She adored her hair of a pitch-black waterfall, but it was dull, never changing, every single strand the same as it always had been. 

The sapphire coloring of the dye would surely only last a few months before the original color bled back through, so perhaps it was a gamble worth taking. After all, Vale knew she would always be tied to the prejudiced purebloods who called themselves her parents with a string as strong as steel, but maybe this would be a way to begin to cut said string? At least that is what she hoped. 

"Are you sure that you want to do this?" 

Her best friend's voice broke her thoughts, ending any hesitation once and for all while she reached up to touch her damp hair. It was time for a change. 

Valentina turned towards her friend with a small smile. "Yes, I'm sure," she replied in a voice that was soft and smooth, almost like silky chocolate on her tongue. "I mean, there is no going back now, right?" 

Her question was mainly to convince herself; she was set on doing this, to break free of the shy and rather predictable demeanor she always had. The young girl was always doubting every action she made, trying to step with utmost care but often tripping due to the self-doubt buried inside her. Valentina hated how every decision she made seemed to be controlled by her fears and anxiety, but this, this was a spur of the moment, true rebellion that she wouldn't let herself back down from. 

"I mean," Dani began as she took the box of bright blue from her friend's grasp. "We haven't even mixed up the dye, so yeah, there is going back. And I don't want you to do something you will regret. Remember second year herbology?" 

Valentina did indeed remember that fateful day in herbology class. She had just turned thirteen and grew tired of Draco Malfoys snide remarks during the lesson. And before she could stop herself, the normally quiet and tender girl had dug up a handful of soil and tossed it right at the boy, the mud harshly colliding with his right cheek.  

Of course at the time she thought it was a grand idea, but in reality tossing dirt at a classmate for seemingly no reason resulted in two days detention and a talking-to from the head of her household. Ever since then, Vale swore the think before she acted, but this would have to be the one exception.