3) Breakfast

It took Ashic several minutes to calm down. Fendark wiped his tears with a handkerchief during the process. His burdened heart no longer held any weight, relief settled instead. Perhaps this is how it is to rely on a person. But in the back of his mind, it would be short-lived in the future, a feeling that bugged him.

Fendark put a hand on the boy's silver hair and stroke it. "Leave everything to us, Young Master. We will protect you."

Don't say things like that. Ashic held his tongue, and hesitantly nodded. A deep gaze from the butler's hazel eyes stopped him from doing so. Someone like this would never be able to turn back; this is the feeling he perceived. Uneasiness crept on him. No, he just didn't know how to reach out.

The clock chimed 7 times along with a loud bell. He looked at the clock in his room, 7:00 in daylight. A knock on the door came twice, and Varina let herself in. With her, she pushed a small cart to the table and began to serve tea. Fendark carried the boy to the couch.

"Varina, I leave it to you. Please excuse me, Young Master."

"...Of course." At his words, Fendark bowed before leaving.

At his leisure, Ashic drank the tea. While he did, he found himself studying the maid. Dark brown hair, hazel eyes, those were common features found in this country. Appearance may be 'dull' but her presence comforted him. He didn't know whether it had to do with her gender or that motherly sort of aura she had.

She frowned. "Young Master."

"Ah, y-yes?" Caught in his thoughts, he almost missed what she said.

She gave him one good look before sighing. "Does it hurt when you move?"

"No, just a little sore." He put the empty tea cup down.

"As I thought, it is no good."

"Varina?"

She lifted the boy without warning. It was sudden that he wrapped his arms around her neck so he didn't fall off. Outside, they walked at a long, neat hallway. The servants that passed would get a glimpse at Ashic, pitiful stares. He turned his head away, refusing to make eye contact. A handful that saw this up ahead didn't bat an eye and continued their work.

"Young Master, you're finally awake!" Someone greeted from behind.

That didn't stop Varina from walking to her destination though. Ashic looked to see who it was, a dark-haired boy with grey eyes. Wavy hair, a head taller than Ashic. Maybe a year or 2 older, though that was just a guess. His eyes seem to sparkle despite the dark circles. He was dressed similarly to the other male servants. What caught the young master's attention was his necklace. A small, ruby-teared pendant that shined under sunlight.

"...Young Master?" The boy called out as he walked alongside the maid.

A few seconds in, and he realized what Ashic was looking at. He hastily put the pendant under his shirt.

Varina shook her head and sighed. "Take caution, Grimar. You will lose it with that carefree attitude one day."

Grimar let out a nervous laugh. "Sorry, sorry, it won't happen again!"

The maid didn't hide her dismay as she entered one of the doors. Inside was a bath filled with water. Steam rose, the temperature warmer than the hallway. Varina put Ashic down and began to take his clothes off. He wasn't against taking a bath, but some alone time would be nice.

"Wait, I will do it on my own!" Ashic resisted.

"Young Master, please relax. You should not strain yourself."

"I'm not as injured as you think!" He backed away.

Varina forced a smile. "Grimar, please hold the Young Master."

Ashic looked at the boy with pleading eyes as the maid stepped closer. The mere thought of letting another person undress him felt embarrassing, much less a girl. It wasn't uncommon for nobles, but he couldn't fight his emotions.

Grimar took him by the wrist with a worried look. Just when he had an ally to count on...

"It'll take quick a moment, Young Master. Please bear with it."

Nothing but a false hope! Despite his lack of strength, Ashic struggled to the bitter end. The result? The two had strip him down and help bathed him. The pleasant water stung some of his cuts, but at least he felt refreshed. Once he got dressed, they carried him to the dining room.

Inside awaited 5 servants bowing their heads as he entered. A cart next to the center-most chair at the table. No one sat, a breakfast void of people. Ashic left his thoughts aside in favor of the servants. He didn't want to make a hasty conclusion.

"Good morning, Young Master." A crimson-haired butler was the first to talk.

A dark, brown-haired boy cried as he hugged Ashic. "Young Master, I thought I would never see you again!"

A pink-haired maid pried the boy off. "Al, show some respect to the Young Master!"

A green-eyed butler pulled the center chair and beckoned. "Please, eat well and regain your strength."

"Today's breakfast is porridge. We received fresh apples yesterday as well!" A glass-wearing maid placed food at the table.

Varina seated Ashic, then began to feed him. When he tried to take the spoon on his own, Varina sneakily put a spoonful of food in his mouth. His inner mind wept as he beared another humiliation. The young Master just couldn't win.

Throughout the entire meal, he glanced at the servants in the room. Loneliness filled his heart as he ate alone. He masked it under, refusing to let it show.

"Dara." Varina continued to spoon feed Ashic. "Fendark might need some assistance."

"Of course. Please take care, Young Master." The red-haired took his leave.

Ashic got one last good look at him. A long haired, crimson man with dark blue eyes. Each of his action radiated confidence with the way he conducted himself. If Fendark gave reassurance, Dara felt like an unmovable fortress above the sky.

"Another failed negotiation?" The pink-haired maid asked.

The green-eyed butler across from her sighed. "We can only hope it goes well, Myrah."

A sword rested on the tall, pink maid's hip. It slightly bounced as Myrah faced the green-eyed butler, worried. Her long hair had different shades of pink, a solid color at the top and it gradually gets lighter from below. The only exception were the tips of her curls, which was white.

"Myrah, Arwal, did you two forget the Young Master's here!?" The glasses maid scolded.

Arwal crossed his arms as his green eyes threw an annoyed look. His current expression didn't match that angelic face of his. A childish face, soft eyes, and a small stature. Even though he was a little shorter, he had to slightly look up at the other maid. He tilted one side of his head, causing his sandy hair to touch the collar of his uniform.

"And you aren't helping by making a big deal out of this, Ika." Sparks flew between the two.

"Hmph!" Ika turned her head away.

The small maid readjusted her glasses. She had a bobbed cut, short faded blue hair that gave an impression of a bookworm. Who knows, not everyone is categorized in a stereotype. Heh, Ashic left it at that.

At Ashic's side, a younger boy sighed. "Aw, come on you two. Why can't you guys get along?"

"Now Alset, this is an adult thing. You'll understand when you get older." Grimar shook his head.

Both boys had similar features now that they stood together. Dark hair, grey eyes, although Alset's hair was dark brown. They must be brothers. Grimar was an inch taller than Alset.

"No, it isn't!" The bickering servants glared at the older boy.

As Ashic took another bite, he noticed small tremors coming from the spoon. When he looked next to him, he feared for everyone's safety.

"All of you..." Varina clenched her fists. "OUT!"