call down the dragon

akira kyaaru,  one of the two prized daughters of the well-respected fire nation military leader,  general kyaaru

akira kyaaru, one of the two prized daughters of the well-respected fire nation military leader, general kyaaru. a skilled and prodigal firebender who grew up in the fire nation capital, who often performed for other noble families, akira was a perfect soldier, a patriot through and through—until, en route to the colonies in the earth kingdom, realised for the first time the suffering that the fire nation had caused. with her sister zuki by her side, akira left the entourage and began travelling, looking to help people where she could while she re-evaluated whether she wished to continue her father's legacy or not.

she then came across the sun warriors—the original firebenders, whom everyone had believed long gone and extinct. this was where she parted ways with her sister: akira was deemed worthy, while mizuki was too scared to offer herself up. her kin returned to the fire nation to take akira's place ( all while keeping the secret of her whereabouts ) while akira remained behind to learn the ways of the original benders.

now well-versed in both the militaristic and artistic forms of firebending, akira travels as a solo performance act with her shows supplemented by beautiful singing, dancing and fire "tricks". taking odd jobs and working as somewhat of a mercenary, she's making a life for herself outside of the kyaaru name—however, her father's fury still burns through her veins, the smoke of her upbringing catching in her lungs. there's still a warrior in there somewhere, strategising their escape . . .

it's only a matter of time before it breaks free.

TELL ME THIS STRING OF SELVES ENDS IN LIGHT.