•TWENTY-THREE•Lacking•

Patton's eyes slipped open as he felt soft fingers trailing his back. His eyes traveled to see his husband staring fondly at him, and Patton smiled, groggily.

Murdering three people and then almost having a nervous breakdown immediately afterward really wears a person out, doesn't it?

"G'morning, Lo," Patton greeted, gripping gently at Logan's shirt. Logan leaned down and pressed his lips to Patton's forehead, smiling.

"Good morning, Pat. How are you?"

"Mm, pretty good. You?"

"Amazing, considering that you're in my arms."

"Awwe- Logan!"

Patton started to giggle gently, and Logan's smile grew. They connected for a brief yet loving kiss, and when they pulled apart, Patton yawned.

"Are you still tired?" Logan asked.

"A little."

"We should get up, though. You'll get more energy once you eat breakfast."

"Okay."

The two got out of bed and got ready for the day before making their way downstairs. Logan sat himself down on the couch and turned on the TV, getting out his phone, while Patton was distracted by something.

"...Logan?"

"Hmm?"

Patton stood by the stairs and pointed to an object sitting next to a decently large plant they had next to the stairs. "What's that?"

Logan looked up, looked back at his phone, and then looked up again, his eyes widening this time. He shut off his phone and quickly made his way over.

"Oh, uhm, I'm not sure. I'll throw it away."

Logan picked it up and Patton saw the words Iced Coffee written on the side of the object, which Patton realized looked a bit like a to-go cup.

"It's a to-go cup of coffee," Patton pointed out. Logan gulped and emptied it in the kitchen sink before throwing the cup in the trash.

"That's very odd. Now, come, let's sit down."

"Oh... okay."

Patton and Logan both walked over to the couch and sat down, sitting so their shoulders were touching and their fingers were interlocked. They focused on the TV, which was still playing.

"In today's news, we had a call in by someone who wished to be named Ram, reporting the sudden murder of the triplet brothers Chase, Jacob, and Stephen Chait. They were found dead in their basement and are suspected to be murdered by Remy Cafe. This would be Cafe's 13th murder since high school..."

Patton shifted in his seat uncomfortably as Logan groaned, quickly pausing the TV and burying his head in his hands.

"For goodness sake, why does he have to- ...wait."

Patton raised his eyebrows as he stared at his husband. Logan was giving off a "thinking" face, an expression that he only wore when he was deep in thought.

"...What?" Patton asked.

Logan started to mumble, and Patton could barely hear him. "If he was here last night, and I called them before he came, then he couldn't have..."

"What?"

"What? Nothing! It's nothing. It's nothing, Patton."

"What were you saying, Logan?"

"I- Uh, I... I just feel like the information may be inaccurate. Because, uhm, I actually called Chase and his brothers- brothers? I didn't even know they were brothers- last night, and they were perfectly fine. When you got home I had just gotten off the phone with them, in fact."