The End is the Beginning

"As long as he lives, hope lives."- Snoke

Somewhere in the galaxy:

A woman was standing in the middle of a dark empty room. Another person walked in.

"There is a recording of the late emperor that has just been sent to you. It was recorded shortly before his death." A young Lieutenant said.

"Why was it late lieutenant?" The woman asked.

"The people who sent it had to scramble just to get the recording sent out of the Death Star before it blew up. They accidentally sent it to a base on the other side of the galaxy where it got archived. So they had to take it out of the archive memories then find you and sent it here. It's in your quarters." The lieutenant replied out of breath.

"Quite a story you had there. You may leave."

The lieutenant quickly walked away. The woman swiftly walked past him down the identical halls passing workers that would stop what they were doing an salute her. She walked into a room and shut the door. There was a holodisc sitting on her desk. She took it and downloaded the contents into her holoprojector. The blue figure of the emperor flickered then started playing.

"My top assassin, Luke Skywalker needs to be stopped. I have sent some of my assassins before but Skywalker has evaded all of them. I would send my apprentice but he is becoming to weak to actually kill the boy. I am sending you but you will use a different strategy. You will get close to Skywalker then when he trusts you and is unsuspecting, kill him. Maybe you will replace Vader as my apprentice if you complete this mission."

The hologram flickered then turned off. The woman sat down on the ground and meditated trying to locate Luke Skywalker.

Endor. He is on Endor.

The woman took off in a non-imperial ship to Endor.

Endor:

"You actually beat me this time." Luke said, impressed.

Luke and Leia had been sparring with their lightsabers until Leia won.

"Don't sound so surprised. You've been training me for months now." Leia replied, taking a drink of water.

"I'm sure Han's getting sick of this place." Luke said with a laugh.

"You'd think that after getting married he'd settle down but nope. That nerfherder still wants to fly around in his piece of garbage." Leia said.

"What'd I hear about me and my ship?" Han asked, walking over to the siblings.

"Oh just the usual. Leia called the Falcon garbage and called you a nerfherder." Luke replied plainly.

Han rolled his eyes. "Are you ever going to stop calling me that?"

"No."

Luke laughed.

"Oh so you think this is funny?" Han said, annoyed.

"Yeah." Luke replied.

"That's because you don't even have a girlfriend, let alone a wife! When or if you have one of these you won't find this funny." Han said, losing his temper and storming away.

"Some things never change." Leia said, shaking her head.

The next day during training Luke noticed something was wrong with Leia. She wasn't focusing and thoughts were racing through her mind.

"Luke, can I tell you something?" Leia asked.

"Yeah of course." Luke answered wanting to know what was wrong. They both sat down on a log.

"Last night I had a dream or premonition. If I finish my training my future son will die." Leia said worriedly. "I know someday another will finish my Jedi journey."

"So what are you going to do?" Luke asked.

"Me and Han are going to Chandrilla. Once all the records to end the empire are taken care of I'll help build the new government."

"I'm going to miss you Leia." Luke said sadly.

"I know. I'll miss you too." Leia said in the same tone.

"You are so lucky. You have everything planned out, you're getting a family, you have a purpose. I have none of that now that the empire's gone." Luke said.

"Oh please. You're a Jedi! You're the last one. And you still have a family. Me and Han the rest of us. It's not like you'll be here alone!" Leia pointed out.

Leia stood up and began to walk away but turned back to Luke.

"Oh yeah I forgot to give you this." Leia said handing Luke her lightsaber.

Han and Chewbacca were packing things on the Falcon and getting ready to leave.

"Goodbye R2 you've been a real friend. I don't think droids can feel emotion but I will miss you. Even your crazy ranting." C-3PO said getting ready to leave with the Solos.

The Solos were taking C-3PO and Luke was keeping R2-D2. R2 beeped sadly.

"Hey kid. I think I'm actually gonna miss you." Han Solo said to Luke. Then he leaned in and whispered, "We're going to be back in about a year or so. How about getting a girl in that time since you need something to do."

Luke scoffed.

The Solos, Chewie, and C-3PO boarded the Millennium Falcon. The ship lifted off the ground smoothly and flew off the planet.
Luke turned around and started walking but bumped into a woman looking at a holopad. She started to fall but Luke caught her.

"Sorry I didn't see you there." Luke said apologetically.

"No it was my fault I wasn't looking where I was going." The woman said.

The woman had reddish orange hair, tan skin, green eyes and wore all black. Luke noticed she had a lightsaber on her belt.

"Are you a Jedi?" Luke asked.

"Oh this?" She asked, pointing to her lightsaber. "I get that a lot. I'm not a Jedi or a Sith I'm just a force user. It's different than most. I'm only the second person in 100 years to use one like this."

"How is it different?" Luke asked curiously.

The woman ignited it. It was purple. Everyone around stopped what they were doing and looked at it. The last time someone used one like that was in the Clone Wars.

"You have a purple one?! I didn't know they could be that color!" Luke said in awe.

"Learn something everyday." The woman said deactivating her lightsaber and hooking it on her belt.

"Yeah. I guess you're right. I'm Luke Skywalker. What's you're name?"

"Mara Jade." The woman replied.