Teething Troubles

" I will give you double the amount if you do whatever I say. OK, good! "
Shivaay heard Annika speak in an authoritative tone.

Annika felt a hand in her shoulder, she turned around to look at him.Shivaay saw her eyes soften immediately, as soon as she put her vision on him .
Her Stern face changed to a loving one.
Shivaay smiled seeing that affection.

" Annika, whom were you talking to?"
Shivaay asked, confusion evident from his voice.

" It was our lawyer, sorry lawyer of the kapoor's. I have paid him to pretend in front of those traitors as if the property is theirs. This will make them over confident and will make it easy for me the catch them in their own trap. Moreover, I can't let them know that the property is in your name now. I can't put you in danger"
Her confident voice suddenly turned wobbly as she spoke the last sentence.

She cupped his face while she closed her eyes. Shivaay closed his eyes in response. She traced her fingers from his eyes to his cheeks finally reaching his lips. She brushed her thumb over his soft lips.

He is one beautiful man, she thought and smiled. He is her man. She rubbed her hand further down, and rested it on his chest, over his heart . She felt vulnerable, as tears threatened to fall from her eyes. She couldn't afford to put him through even the smallest of pains. She rested her head on his chest.

Shivaay pulled her apart, while she looked down. He brought her chin up with his thumb , while he cupped her face. He saw the layer of tears formed in her eyes. Those fearful eyes pricked his heart. Annika seeked solace by drowning in the ocean of his beautiful eyes. She was lost in his eyes when she felt his lips brush on her forehead. He kissed her there. She closed her eyes in contentment as the tears spilled out.
No words were spoken, and yet he conveyed what he wanted to while she knew what he meant.

" What's the plan now?"
Shivaay's words broke the beautiful moment of silence.

" I will go to kapoor's mansion now. I will get them trapped in my words and get some evidence against them. I know my plan will work as I understand how their minds work after a victory"
Annika said while smirking.

" Alright, so when do we have to go?"
Shivaay questioned.

" We? We are not going only I am going, you will stay back here"
Annika said trying to appear non-chalant.

" What are you even saying ! How can I let you go alone!"
For the first time Annika heard shivaay raise his voice. How could he let her go alone? How could he afford to let the fears overtake him again?

" Don't shout shivaay. I have decided this after thinking a lot. You have already done a lot, now it's my turn. I can't let you be in danger." Annika said, trying to control her own impulse.

" you can't see me in danger , similarly neither can I put you in danger . You know what we should just cancel this whole idea of revenge if things are going to be carried forward in this way. We can't put each other's life at risk so let it be"
Shivaay shouted.

" What are you even...."
Annika stopped as she realised that there was no point arguing with shivaay on that matter. He was right in his view. None of them could afford to lose each other for revenge. But she couldn't even let kapoor's roam freely.

" Let's not think about this right now. You sit, I will make coffee for us"
Annika said while rubbing his shoulders , attempting to calm him down.

She took him to their room, and made him sit on the bed while she went towards the kitchen, not before kissing him on his temple. She came back with two cups of coffee in her hands. She sat near him and smiled while caressing his hairs. Shivaay smiled looking at her too and she felt a little relaxed.

Shivaay put his hand forward, asking her to give him his cup. She cutely moved her head in a No. Shivaay looked at her, confused. She held his cheeks with one hand while she brought the cup near his mouth with another.

" Drink" she said while Shivaay's eyes moistened seeing her affection, the love he craved for from years. As he finished his coffee, he started feeling little dizzy.

" I ...I feel sleepy. I don't know why" shivaay said while rubbing his hand over his forehead.

" It's ok shivaay, you sleep, you need some rest" Annika said while making him lie down. She caressed his hairs until she saw him drift to sleep completely.

" I need to do something. I can't take shivaay with me neither can I let go of the kapoor's. I need to consult Dr.Sara for this. Seeing Mrs. Kapoor will trigger his fear, I can't let that happen."
Annika whispered to herself as she entered the kitchen.

Annika put her phone down as she finished talking to Dr.Sara. She added tranquilizer in his coffee to make him calm and sleepy. She walked towards their room with two cups in her hand.

"I am sorry shivaay, but I had to do this. You don't worry, I will come back soon" Annika said while planting a kiss on his cheek.

Annika stood up and started to leave when she felt a tug in her hand. She turned around to see his finger interwined with her finger.

" Ann..Annika don't leave me" she heard him murmur in his sleep while a tear fell from her eye. She seperated his fingers from hers and kissed on his knuckles. She went near him, tried to touch his cheeks but immediately pulled herself back. She couldn't fall weak.

" I promise shivaay I will be back."
She said while rubbing her tears away. With a determined look on her face she walked out of their house.

So guys. Here is the new update. Do give your feedback. What do you think will happen further?
Do you think Annika leaving shivaay and going is justified?
Do you think her plan will work?