CHAPTER 6

The silent hum from something, made me open my eyes, my head was pounding and I shut my eyes because the sunlight was increasing the pain too, but soon I was able to open it. I looked around the room, then I realized I was in the hospital. The hum being the heart monitor and there were machines here and there. I tried to seat up but pain shot through my body, so I laid back down.

The door opened and Alan walked in. he wore a black hoodie over blue jeans and black sneakers. He walked over and looked at me.

'you're awake finally, I'll go get the nurse, if you need anything just tell me' he left and came back with a young lady the nurse whose name was Dorothy.

'hello dear how'd you feel?' she asked arranging my pillows properly.

'horrible' I murmured and she chuckled.

'I'll get you feeling better in a few, we ran some tests on you to make sure you're not infected and to see the cause of your fainting yesterday' I remained silent as she spoke,' so I have a few questions, if you don't want to answer you don't have to' I knew this won't get us anywhere, Alan just stood like a statue watching.

'so I saw some bruises well cleaned out, who did that?' the answer is me, we had first aid ED in school once so....

'I did' I replied, she seemed surprised.

'ok, so do you have nightmares or panic attacks?' I didn't reply, I mean what use was that information to them.' Okay, I'll be back with the results soon' she stood and left leaving Alan and I.

'sooo? Do you need anything? Alan finally asked. I pointed to the window and he closed it. The nurse came back with some files and drugs.

'good news no infections but it seems she's suffering dehydration and hunger' I honestly can't remember the last time I had a decent meal. She turned to Alan.' You'll have to watch her eat from now on and she should drink a lot of water, there should be a lot of veggies too, so I advise you also get her a salad. Alan nodded, before he asked when I will be able to go home.

'tomorrow perhaps but she'll stay away from school for about a week, to get stronger' the nurse said before leaving.

'so? what'd you want to eat?' I murmured my reply anything. 'any preferences?' he probed further.

'none' I replied. He went to texting while I just stared at the wall in front of me.

'k, the guys will be here soon, do want anything else?' I asked for a book and he left to get it, as soon as he left I slept off.