Chapter 1

I looked up at the building in front of me. It big golden letters, the sign read "Mankai Theatre". It looked like it hadn't be used in years. Izumi was next to me, in her hands the letter and a poster for a an upcoming show the theater was playing. The play was called "Romeo's heavenly school." The poster was poorly done, as if they realized they couldn't think of a visual for it and decided to make three lazy shapes of what was supposed to be schools.

"So we came here for nothing?" I asked, turning to face Izumi. A dog that was tied up next to the theater started barking, causing Izumi to jump back a bit. Izumi regained her composure and turned to me, saying "Maybe we're just early, sure it looks like a ghost town but we should never judge a book by it's cover!" As I gave Izumi my "are you sure" face, a man's voice spoke up.

"Excuse me, but do you two have business at this theater?" The man asked, me and Izumi turning to look at him. "Oh-are you the one who sent the letter?" Izumi asked but jerked back a bit when she saw the man. The man had platinum blonde hair and purple eyes which were hidden behind black glasses, with a mole under his right eye. He was wearing a dark grey suit with a black turtleneck pullover, a long black coat covering him. He reminded me of a yakuza, though I didn't know if that was a good or bad thing.

The man only stared at us, waiting for an answer. I slightly pulled Izumi's jacket sleeve and softly said, "I'm going to go on a whim here and say he isn't." Izumi grabbed my arm and pulled me back away from the man. "Do you think dad owns this guy money or something?" Izumi asked, I only replied with "If he did, than that must explain why he left."

The man must have overheard us and asked us, "Wait, are you tw-" but the man question was interrupted by Izumi. "Nope not us! We definitely didn't receive a letter or anything like that, we're just passerby a and b!" Izumi said, lying to the yakuza like man. Sometimes that girl can't act to save her life...

I mentally face palmed as the man seemed to believe her totally fake lie and said "Well, I recommend you keep walking ladies, unless you two happen to like danger." Izumi looked in confusion and asked "Danger?". I looked to my right and my jaw dropped at what I just saw. "I-IS THAT A BACKHOE?!" I yelled out loud, seeing a yellow backhoe driving towards us. When the backhoe took a stop near us, the driver poked his head out the window and asked the yakuza like man, "Hey boss, can I bust it up now?". The driver looked like a punk, further making my theory that the man was a yakuza even more believable.

When the man confirmed, another voice spoke out that caused our attention to turn to him. "No! I'm begging you please!" The newly arrived man cried out, out panting as if he ran all the way to get here. The man that just came had dark messy brown hair and a light stubble on his chin, glasses adorned on his face. He wore a black button green with yellow accent suit and long pants, a white polka dot bow tie completed with his suit. This man looked like a total loser...

The Yakuza didn't seem to care that the bow tie man was there, and told the driver to continue with the demolition. "I'm planning on turning this place into a bar." The Yakuza added on, putting his hands in his coat's pockets. "Would actually be better than a boring old theatre..." I thought. "Don't pretend you don't hear me!" The bow tie man protested, the backhoe's loader about to tear off the sign.

"Wait, what's going on?" Izumi asked, trying to understand the situation. "Don't you get it, they're tearing this old place down..." I answered to her, seeing the bow tie man begging the Yakuza to not take down the sign, as the show was about to start. The yakuza told the driver to back down with the backhoe, and wrapped his arm around Bow tie's shoulder. "So Matsukawa, any presale?" The yakuza asked, bow tie saying no. "Hold on...Matsukawa?" I though as I heard that name. "Does he mean that Matsukawa?" I said to myself, taking the letter addressed to my dad from Izumi's hand and read the sender's name.

"Please don't say that this geek is the one who wrote to us...." I muttered, as I saw Matsukawa grab the coat of the Yakuza. It was a pathetic sight to see from a grown man like him. "Please! It's our newest member's debut show! How sad would it be if you take down the theatre right before he's suppose to go on!" Matsukawa begged, the Yakuza turning to him and saying back "You have no audience, how do you expect to call that a show?"

Izumi than spoke up, raising her hand. "Umm, we're here..." Izumi said...wait....WE'RE?! I looked in shock as Izumi continued to say "We're here to see the show.". "Izumi! You know I hate-" I was interrupted by my sister as she shushed me. "Fine..." The yakuza said as Matsukawa got up and thanked us for coming, tears sprouting from his eyes. "Yeah, Yeah, lets just get this over with." I said as me, Izumi, and the Yakuza entered the theater:

I huffed as I sat down, a few seats away from Izumi. I crossed my arms and puffed out my cheeks. "Can't believe I'm forced to sit and endure this torture." I whispered to myself. Me and Izumi than turned to see the Yakuza sat down in the seats behind us and say "Hope you two don't regret this, you will never get these hours back..."

Thanks for reminding me about that, and yes....I absolutely regret this.

Author's note: And here's the first chapter! I know y/n comes off pretty unlikeable, but I always found the "Character starts off mean and later becomes nice thanks to new friends" cliche super interesting. So I decided to in cooperate that into this story. Hope you enjoy this chapter and I'll see you all next chapter!