Down The Stairs She Fell (Rebooted)

The story I'm about to tell you may not be for the faint of heart. There are no malicious ghouls or sneaky witches, no. This is the tale of a little girl and a murder most unfair. Molly Lucille Smithson was a eleven year-old girl with long, silky blonde locks and beaming hazel eyes. The child adored fashion dearly, dressing up in dainty and glamorous outfits, including raiding her Mother's wardrobe for her high heels. But no matter how many pretty frocks she owned, Molly could never seen to fit in.

Her wealthy parents always dreamt of vacation,  just the two of them. They both never were at home due to work, that's when they decided to find a babysitter.

❥ ❥ ❥

"Molly!" Your babysitter is here, your father and I are heading out!" Her mother announced, wearing a white pearled-necklace as the cherry on top of her outfit.

"Okay ma'," The child looked away from the tv and smiled.

Knock Knock.

"Molly baby, can you please get the door, it must be Linda!" Her mother shouted from up the stairs.

Molly got up and walked towards the door, answering it.

"What's buzzin, cousin!" The woman chuckled as she put her purse on the couch.

The babysitter walked in, she looked at the beautiful house. She had finger-curled brown hair and hazel eyes. Linda wore a short-sleeved orange shirt along with a long red skirt with polka dots prints.

"George, were gonna be late, throw your tie on and let's head out!" Dorothy called.

The man rushed down the stairs, adjusting his tie. He looked at Molly and waved a kiss at her. The child stared and waved back. Finally, the door closed. Linda sat on the couch.

"So....Molly, would you like to watch some television together?"

"I can't think of anything worse, I'd love to," The child smiled. She wrinkled her nose real cute.

"Did you know, pink brings out my natural blush of my complexion," she informed Linda, "Have you ever noticed my satiny-smooth skin?"

Linda looked and looked at that child, confused.

"You're a fascinating child, Molly," she responded.

As the moon rose, Linda walked the child to her room. Molly sat on her bed, staring at the window as she brushed her long hair.

"Linda, why do I have to sleep so early?" Molly turned to look at the adult.

"You wanna rest those big, beautiful eyes, don't you Molly? After all, a princess needs her beauty sleep," She winked. Molly gave a warm-smile, closing her eyes and drifting off to sleep. As soon as she did, Linda crept down the stairs and towards the fridge in search of a drink.

She looked around until she laid her eyes on the bottle, labeled Whiskey Sour.

"A tiny sip of alcohol won't hurt," she chuckled as she drank a few.

- - -

As the teacher carried his monologue, Molly eyed the sky, the clouds that have been wispy and white that afternoon were now darker and more dense. It was beautiful, she could look at them forever and never get dis-

"Molly,...Molly?" The teacher snapped his fingers, "It is your turn to present your project," He said, firmly.

Facing the class, Molly flicked the pages to her assessment, before looking back at her peers with a confident stare.