Stop

He felt his fingers curl around the tube and he pressed lightly

He felt his fingers curl around the tube and he pressed lightly. A culmination of all their years of hard work, injected so aimlessly into these people that Wooyoung had no recollection of even agreeing to in the first place. Why San picked them out of the pool of applicants he had lined up, he would never be able to extract from him. Well, never is a strong word when one has persuasion skills like Wooyoung.

"You've been staring at that for a while." Jiu commented and Wooyoung glanced behind his shoulder curiously.

"And you've been staring at me?"

"I had nothing better to do."

"We both know that's a lie, Ji." She snickered as she passed by him to access the fridge which stored some mixtures too sensitive to get over a certain temperature.

"When did you make that stuff, and why hasn't it been labeled?" It was a murky grey solution, one Wooyoung hadn't remembered creating nor asking to be made.

"Jongho said not to touch it, I'm afraid he never said what it was." Jiu worried on her lower lip as she took a better look at it, and Wooyoung could tell she wanted to begin tests on it out of sheer curiosity, but she had better self control than that.

"He's probably trying to kill us all." Wooyoung concurred, swirling the orange concoction once more before he poured its contents into the larger beaker topped with plastic wrap to keep it in more fresh condition. Jiu took it from him and placed it in the fridge next to the taller beaker with the grey mixture.

"Or...San commissioned Jongho to make it without telling us." She liked to antagonize, and Wooyoung saw the fire that constituted her eyes. She hinted, at times, that San was orchestrating something much bigger, that the tests were rigged, and that he was perfectly healthy. As much as Wooyoung would want that to be true, he knew his pain was real, and he knew San was destined for much greater things than seeking a cure for himself. He hated being tied down to this.

Partially that was Wooyoung's fault for forcing San to take care of himself before he continued his cancer research, but he hated to see the toll it took on San. He was selfish for demanding it for sure, by halting the nearing breakthrough research and conclusions the lab was reaching, in order to save their boss. Whom most hated to begin with. If San didn't pay well, it would just be Wooyoung and San, and Jiu if she swallowed her pride for a moment. She was nothing without San and what he taught her.

"So what? Jongho gets to make some of that toxic looking garbage if San wants him to, doesn't mean I'll let him take it." Wooyoung could ask San not to if necessary, thought he didn't enjoy pushing that authority, San did allow him partial control in his medical decisions...Especially once San's disease developed passed a certain point of cognitive reasoning.

"Awfully cocky."

"And I have every right to be, San listens to me."

"Sure."