Chapter 17

a/n: i'm selling a cat who keeps stepping in her shit pls buy

Arianas Pov:

"You're freaking out over nothing, dude." Courtney said over facetime.

"She said she'd call me back and she hasn't, that's not like her." I sighed, trying not to think of the worst.

"If something came up she wouldn't messaged me."

"It's only been 3 hours."

"Exactly! 3 hours! And she hasn't messaged me back." I frowned.

"Ariana." Courtney sighed.

"Has she messaged you back?" I sit up straight eagerly. "No, but she'll message you soon. Don't worry."

"What if she wants to break up? And her being silent is her way of telling me-"

"-Okay Ariana now you're over-reacting."

"Ughhh." I groaned and fell back onto my bed. I hope she's okay, I can't sit around here like a duck.

"I'm gonna go to her house. I'll call you back." I got up from my bed to get ready.

"You sure that's a good thing?"

"Yes, I'm sure. Now I gotta go, bye." I sarcastically smiled and hung up.

I wore her hoodie, one that I 'borrowed' from her, and jogged downstairs the the front door. I was putting on my shoes when I heard the door bell ring. I didn't invite anyone over, no one said they were coming... I opened it anyway and there stood my girlfriend.

"Y/N?"

"Hey." She croaked out, she looked like she was crying. Her eyes were red and so were her cheeks. "Baby what happened?" I pulled her inside from the cold.

"I- my dad-". A tear started falling down her face but she turned around, "No, no, I'm not gonna cry again." She shook her head laughing, "It's okay to cry, don't keep it in." I pulled her into a hug. "I'm not gonna cry." She kept refusing and I rubbed her back.

After the long hug, we walked into my bedroom to talk.

"What happened?" I asked, lying down beside her. She stayed silent, which scared me. "Baby, you're worrying me." I softly stroked her face with my thumb. She took a deep breath before speaking.

"I never told my parents that I like girls because I was always terrified at how they would react." She began, I held onto her hand showing her that I was listening.

"When my dad called today, he said he saw the picture of us kissing-" She stopped again.

Poor baby. This must be terrifying for her, this is something she has to do when she's ready. Having her privacy ruined like this... it's horrible.

"-He said my mom and him are both disappointed in me and probably hate my guts." She chuckled out of frustration. "I don't think they hate you, they're probably just confused but I don't think they could ever hate you." I calmly spoke, trying my best to not upset her.

"He said that I probably won't take over the business after him." She mumbled. "He also said my brother will, because he's apparently 'always been the favourite child anyway.'" She stuffed her face into the pillow.

"Baby... I'm so sorry." I frowned. "How, how do you feel?" I didn't know what to say, I was speechless. Why does this bother so many people? Why can't people love who they want to love without being judged constantly?

She shrugged her shoulders as an answer.

"You wanna get some rest? You look exhausted." I asked, playing with her fingers.

"Yeah." She mumbled. "Uh also, my parents are coming tomorrow, to talk about all of this." She informed. "Okay." I nodded. "You sure you wanna do that?"

"I don't really have much of a choice." She finally took her face out of the pillow and looked at me.

"Let's get ready for bed. We'll talk more when you feel better?" I asked and she nodded in agreement. "Mhm, thank you Ari." She smiled.

I kissed her lips, "It's no problem babe."