Stalker

As we make our way back to Hometree, we run into Jake and Ne'tiri. As soon as Jake sees me, he bursts out laughing. "What the hell happened to you?" He asks, pulling a twig with three leaves out of my mud soaked hair. "I fell off Hometree." I say. Hearing this, Ne'tiri walks over, looking me over, searching for injuries. 'Tsu'tey, you were to watch over her. What have you to say?' Ne'tiri scolds. Tsu'tey scoffs and looks to me. 'She is alive.' He retorts, before looking to me. 'You, come.' He orders me, before turning to the right, and walking through the bushes. Sighing, I look past Jake and stop on Ne'tiri. 'We will speak another time..' I say to her, before looking to Jake. "See you at dinner." I say, before I hear Tsu'tey call for me again. Impatient much..? Rolling my eyes, I speak. "Alright, I'm coming!" I say annoyed. With that said, I trudge past them, in the direction he went. After pushing through quite a few groups of bushes, I soon come to a small stream, and stop once I see Tsu'tey waiting. Tsu'tey hears me, and turns. "Clean up, meet at Hometree after." He says, while pointing at the water. "Right.." I say with a nod. Seeing this, he nods as well, before walking past me, to head back. Once he's gone, I get to work.

A week later..

I stalk my prey in silence, being careful not to make any noise, as I close in. Due to the surrounding entangled flora, I was forced to crawl on the ground to reach them. They were sitting down in a small clearing, watching a wild herd of Direhorse grazing a few yards away. I do my best to hide my excitement at how far I'd gotten without being noticed. If I pull this off...he's so gonna be sorry.. With that thought, I can't help but smirk, as I ready myself to pounce. With one last observation of my surroundings, and making sure they still didn't notice me, I launch myself forward. However, the moment I'm about to make contact, Tsu'tey immediately turns around, and smacks the top of my head with his bow. I yelp and rub the place of impact. "Oww! Did you have to hit me so hard?" I scold him. "Again." He orders, ignoring my complaints. Sighing in annoyance, I sit down. "Give me a minute, will ya? We've been at this all morning..!" I whine. He gives an annoyed growl, speaking a few colorful choice words in his language, before walking away. I won't repeat all of it, but part of his words were along the lines of 'I know children who could take harder hits than that and who take less breaks'. Seeing he wasn't stopping, my eyes widen, and I call out to him in confusion. "Hey! Where are you going, now?!" I ask. He doesn't answer, just keeps walking off. Soon, he's out of my view.

After a few more moments of staring in the direction he went, I sigh in defeat. Whatever, I'll catch up with him in a few seconds.. Waving my hand through the air, I look away, and stretch out my arms. With a satisfied groan, I stand. Guess I better catch up to him.. However, as I turn to follow after him, I notice him coming back holding something in his hands. Confused, I tilt my head, and squint, in an attempt to see what it was. It doesn't take him long to reach me. Once he does, he tosses a familiar Purple fruit to me. Catching it, I give him a questioning glance. "Didn't you say you wanted me to go again..?" I ask. 'Eat.' He says, before sitting down next to me, and biting into his own fruit. I blink a few times, before smiling to myself. He may complain alot, but he's coming around.. With that thought, I nod my head in thanks, before biting into my fruit. After eating, Tsu'tey explained how he had heard me that last time. Turns out, my stomach had growled, alerting him. Annoyed at my stomach's betrayal, I sigh, and shake my head. 'Again.' He says. 'Alright.' I say, before standing, and heading back into the woods.

I look up at the darkening sky. It'll be dinner time soon, he'll probably call it after this last attempt...let's hope I'm successful this time.. With that thought, I take a quiet deep breath, before silently exhaling, and getting into position. Once in the new spot I had chosen to use, I lower myself down, before beginning to crawl. Anytime I had failed an attempt, I chose a different spot, so that he had to keep guessing which way I'd come from. Staying in the same spot, doing the same thing, wouldn't work on him. He was perceptive with things like that. Quietly sliding underneath a couple vines, I continue forward. Once I enter the clearing, I stop to analyze his posture for any signs of detection. Seeing there wasn't any, I carefully examine the surroundings for any obstacles or possible noise makers. Seeing we're in the clear, I slowly prowl towards him.

Once I was close enough, I pounce. He falls over and soon, I'm on top of him, holding a twig to his throat, as if it was a knife. I bare my teeth at him with a hiss of victory, my tail flowing through the air behind me. Looking down, his eyes set on the twig in my hands. 'That is not a knife.' He says. I furrow my brows in confusion. "Of course it isn't, I don't want to kill you." I say, pulling my hand and "weapon" back, confused at why he was confused. Hearing this, he nods in understanding, before suddenly looking me up and down for some reason. However, it doesn't take me long to figure out why. Following his gaze, my eyes widen when I realize that I'm straddling his hips, and immediately get off of him. "Sorry about that, I-I didn't know.." I trail off, feeling my face and neck getting hot from embarrassment. After a few moments of silence, he speaks. 'It is late, we go back.' He says, before standing, and heading towards Hometree, surprisingly unbothered. 'R-Right..' I say quietly, before following after him. I thought for sure he'd scold me for that.. I think to myself, not sure whether to be even more worried that he didn't, or relieved. Best not to think too much about it. If he isn't bothered by it, then I shouldn't be..

Author's Note- Guess who's back in business, this one. Sorry about the wait, adulting isn't fun, you gotta take care of more important things like bills, rather than new DVD's and DVD players. If anyone still follows this from back then, I hope you can forgive me, if not, well...oh well I guess. As for the rest of you, hope you like the chapter ;)