chapter 3

Dedicated: cresellia123 thank you so much for your amazing feedbacks.

Isabelle.

They say the more you hold it in, the faster it kills, the more dangerous it becomes or the harder it is to let go. This is the perfect description of my anger.

I'm usually very calm and collected. I don't have a short temper, and I do believe with everything I've gone through in the past, I have a very high threshold for pain, emotionally induced of course. I would probably get a big gold medal for one who hides from emotions, if it were a measurable thing, my name would be on the Guinness world record - but once I do get angry, it's like a beast with it's own mind, it consumes me, it's uncontrollable, and down right dangerous.

At that point where I can't push it all away, and act like they don't exist, the pain, hurt, anguish, every damn negative emotion in this world, they all morph into one perfectly destructive beast, Anger!

I start first by crying. The hurt is what drives the anger out, because I'd rather be angry than be in pain.

Lauryn flashed me a wicked smile, while holding my hand in a vice like grip, squeezing it so my blood would continue to flow down into the wine glass.

My eyes widened in horror. It took a few seconds for my mind to process what was happening, when it finally did, it took it a few more seconds to accept it, suffice to say I was in shock.

I have this condition of not being able to react appropriately to unexpected or sudden situations immediately. It's like my brain is slow in that department. I don't know how to react to shock, or in this case, the shock of having my wrist slashed by my dead sister come back to life, the shock of having her collect my blood in a freaking wine glass, and the shock of watching her drink it.

I felt a lot of things all at once, but it was like my exterior remained passive -well except from my eyes which are as wide as a golf ball, or my clenched jaw and teeth, which I guess were preventing helpless wails of 'bloody hell' and 'holy motherfucker' from escaping my thinned lips.

I felt the sharp pain from my palm, I still feel it, throbbing painfully like it wasn't just one knife it had kissed, but a dozen others. I felt my head grow heavy. It all suddenly felt heavy, my head, my palm, my heart, it all felt heavy. And I was sure if I didn't get out of it soon I'd get crushed under all the weight.

So I released it. The sob that was just at the tip of my lips since the moment that knife landed on my palm, and I stared at the cold dead eyes of my sister while she snickered away.

"It's hardly a cuisine Izziiiee. . . " she purred, dragging out my name. "but it I'll do." Cue evil wink. Her smile was angry but it was there, unmistakable. She raised the wine glass towards me, her teasing lips mouthing a 'cheers' before putting it in her lips. Her gaze watched my every move while mine watched with absolute revulsion as she drained every bit in it.

Earlier when I thought Lauryn had changed, I was right. I just wasn't sure how right I was.

Now, staring at my sister, with tears cascading down my cheeks, while my trembling lips released pathetic whimpers, I know.

If there was a female role for Lucifer, she was it. If there was ever a doubt in my mind, even just a little, that doubt had been paid for in blood-