chapter one| long ago and far away- jo stafford

Anne Shirley Cuthbert stared out of the window in the train. She sighed. She was going back to the place she had avoided for so many years. She didn't really know how to feel. She had left so many memories behind. Good and bad. She just hoped no one would recognize her or realize who she was. The train skidded to a halt. "Attention passengers, this is your conductor speaking, we will be stopping at Avonlea momentarily"
Anne stepped out of the train.

"You asked to see me sir?" Anne knocked on the door.
"Ah yes, Anne," a middle aged man turned on his swivel chair, " We want you to go to Avonlea. We found out the Germans are planning to bomb the area and since you are familiar with it you can stop it successfully."
"What! No, I told you I can't go back there!"
"You'll go there and you'll stop them. Understand?" He turned back to the wall.
"Yes Sir."

Anne called for a taxi, "Can you take me to Avonlea?"
—————————————————————

Gilbert Blythe didn't think anyone new would come to Avonlea. After Anne died, people had been afraid to come there in fear of Anne's "ghost" haunting them. During a war it was definitely not a good idea to come there. Gilbert thought no one in their right mind would come. Yet he was asked to give a strange person a tour of the island.

When they stepped out of the taxi, Gilbert was taken by surprise. He didn't know what he expects but he definitely wasn't expecting a woman who looked exactly like Anne to step out of the taxi. He sharply inhaled, "Hello. My name is Gilbert Blythe. Welcome to Avonlea."
"Hi... Gilbert. This is a beautiful place! I'm Alice Castle."
—————————————————————

Arthur Cartof had worked for Rene's Bakery for as long as he could remember. For years, the same people worked there. Everyone could be trusted. Then John Blythe fell ill and died. A week afterwards, a peculiar man knocked on the door claiming to be looking for work. Rene hired him.

Arthur thought it was strange that the man had arrived at exactly the right time. He kept an eye on the man everyday but he did nothing suspicious. Until one day. Arthur followed him into an alleyway. "I'm here"
"Anything suspicious?"
"Just a boy who follows me around."
"Does he seem like a threat?"
"Not really."
"Ok good. We can commence with the plan."
Arthur sneezed. "What was that?"
"Show yourself spy." He stayed as still as he could.
"Whoever you are, we will find you and you will regret the day you decided to mess with Germans." Arthur started running as fast as his legs could take him to Rene's Bakery.

not a good idea|shirbert auजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें