SEVEN

Birds fly high in the summer sky and rest on the breeze
The same wind will take care of you and I will build our house in the trees - U2, Ordinary Love (From soundtrack of Idris Elba film "Long walk to freedom)

Jace was still lost in his thoughts when he went to bed later. Riele was already asleep and he debated for a while if he should wake her but she looked exhausted. He realised that he was also just about ready to keel
over so he showered quickly and went to bed. His head barely hit the pillow before he was lights out.

Now it was morning and he woke up with the smell of coffee in his nostrils. He managed to open one eye with some effort. He reached out a hand to Riele's side and realised she wasn't there. He felt disappointed since he was hoping they could spend the morning in bed together. The coffee smell enticed him to sit up and look for the source. There was a tray next to the bed with steaming coffee, french toast, bacon and bran muffins on it. He reached over and placed it on his lap. A smile flickered across his face. There was also a note on the tray which read "Going with Ella to coffeeshop. See you later xxx Wifey.'

He groaned inwardly. He knew it was going to be a really late later. Once those two girls were together, they lost all track of time.
"Might as well finish this lovely food" he thought. Maybe he should go to the office and see what's going on. He texted Riele. "Going to the office. Love you. Your handsome husband."
He grinned as he imagined Riele rolling her eyes when she saw the text.

Riele and Ella were laughing at their old Instagram pics when the message came through. Riele laughed at the "handsome husband" bit. She showed Ella the text which made Ella roll her eyes.
"Really, how you can co-exist with that big ego is beyond me."
"Oh come on El, he is not egotistical, he is just confident" she defended him.
"Cocky sounds more correct"
"Okay, cocky, but he has the right to be cocky"
Ella's eyes widened at that statement.
"If you say so.."
"Come on, El, I know you always thought he was hot..."
Ella nearly choked on her food.
She hastily drank some water to clear her throat.
" Riele, you nearly killed me just now. I can't believe you just said that. That boy has gone poisoned your mind with his nonsense."
Riele remained unperturbed.
"Not a boy, Ella. Jace is a man and probably the hottest man you will ever lay eyes on"
Ella huffed indignantly.
"I'll have you know Rie that I am in a very happy relationship with a great guy that I really care for. And he is probably ten times hotter than your "boy" Jace.

Riele bursted out laughing.
She laughed so hard that the patrons at the other tables turned to look at them.
Ella was flabbergasted. "What the?"
Then she realised that she'd been duped.
Riele was almost doubled over with laughter.
"I'm sorry Ella, but I couldn't resist. You should have seen the expression on your face though. It was priceless "
"Riele, I can't believe you... You know what, you're turning into that goofball husband of yours. I swear.. "
She was referring to the stunts and pranks Jace pulled while they were working on Henry Danger.
Riele nodded.
"I know right? And believe me, he is still doing that to me every day of my life"
"Sooo...about this superhot guy that you are dating?"
Ella smiled enigmatically.
"Well, I was going to tell you all about him, but since you pulled that little stunt, I am reconsidering.
"Don't do this, Ella. I'm sorry , sweety. You know I missed you terribly."
"You can sweety all you like, Riele"
Riele huffed. Who knew sweet little Ella could be so tough. She probably deserved it, but still.

She decided to try another approach and gave her the puppy dog eyes. Ella only laughed. "Nice try, Riele. Not gonna fall for it."

She spotted someone and waved. "Look, here comes the "hottest man alive" . It was indeed Jace.
He looked casual and relaxed in his white v neck sweater and jeans. He was moving towards their table.

When he finally reached them he smiled at Ella, "Hi butter cake.."He gave her a hug and them turned to his wife. "I missed you " He sat down next to her and kissed her lightly on the lips. "Awww.." Ella cooed.
Riele blushed. "Stop it El.."
"No, you guys are just too cute.."

''I bet you and your boyfriend are just as cute.." Riele teased.
Jace arched an eyebrow.
"Boyfriend, huh?"
"Riele" she squealed.
" Well, I guess congratulations is in order, little sister. I hope to meet him soon."
'' Mm... If you promise to behave."
"I promise I will behave, Ella. And I will have my shotgun under the table...just in case.. '
''You see Riele? That's what Im talking about.
''I know, I know. I'll have him on a leash. Don't worry.
"Ooh, that sounds like fun" Jace drawled.
Ella rolled her eyes.
"Remind me again why I am still friends with you guys?" She asked.
"Because you love us, ok you love me.." Riele replied.
"Because of the benefits" Jace deadpanned.
"Benefits like public embarrassment?" She asked.
"Now is that any way to talk the parents of your godchildren ?" Jace teased.
Ella's lit up and she looked expectantly at Riele.
Riele just shook her head.
"Not anytime soon, Ella. In a few years, definitely."

It was well into the afternoon when Riele and Ella said their goodbyes and she and Jace went sightseeing. They decided to have a look at some houses also.