𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫𝟏𝟐|𝐌𝐲 𝐇𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐭 𝐍𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐬 𝐀 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞

my heart needs a home

it had been 6 months since the incident with Kyle

it had been 6 months since the incident with Kyle. i was happy. Ella and i had became best friends, i still hung around with Jenna, Amber, and Jonah etc just not as much. today was the day i was getting my offers for collages. i was more excited than ever. i had seen Kyle around during these months but i never gave him more than a weak smile. i had moved on with my life, he was just an old chapter to me. "right are you ready?" i said to my mum and James, we were both sat at the kitchen island with our macbooks. he nodded, i could see his nerves, he had been a star quarterback this year and was actually offered a lot of scholarships however he knew that the main focus on collage should be education. we had both applied to a selection of Ivy League schools and today was the day we found out our future.

"which are we opening first?" he said with his leg bouncing up and down. "Columbia," i said, i took a deep breath. i wanted it so bad. "three, two, one," our mum counted. i closed my eyes and clicked the link. "no fucking way," i said jumping off of my chair, my brother looked at his screen with an open mouth as i jumped with joy. "did you get in?" he said quietly, i nodded with joy, he stood up and wrapped his arms around me. after around 10 seconds of hugging he whispered, "me too," i froze for a second before screaming. "oh my god," i said while i jumped. "we got into Columbia," i said with a smile as bright as the stars.

we went down the list of where we had been accepted, i got Columbia, Brown, Harvard, and Yale. James got Cornell, Columbia, Penn, and Harvard. it was such a great day for us both, i honestly couldn't believe it. we really were living the dream. i called Ella and found out she got into Brown and Columbia, i was so proud of her. "so how about we head over to Jenna's for the party tonight?" James said to me, i hadn't been to a party in a while, i decided that i needed to celebrate my achievements, so i nodded and got ready.
James and i got an uber over to Jenna's house and i was greeted by her pulling me into her arms. "gosh i have missed you," she said, i chuckled, "me too Jen," i smiled as i saw Jonah coming up to us. "how is my little brainiac?" Jonah smiled pulling me into a hug, "better than ever," i said holding him tight. Jonah was like an older brother to me, i saw how he reacted when he found out what Kyle did, their friendship hadn't been the same since. i felt bad, yet it wasn't my fault.

after a few drinks i was becoming tipsy and i walked to the porch for some fresh air. it reminded me of the night i met him,  i didn't know why he was suddenly in my thoughts, i had moved on. i saw the door open from behind me, for some wrong reason i hoped for it to be him but it was
just a random guy from Xavier. "you okay beautiful?" he said resting his arms on the banister or the porch. i nodded in reply and he looked at me with confusion, "don't talk much?" he question, i shook my head, "i don't really talk to boys i don't know," that was a lie and i knew that for a fact, just remember the first time i was here. "i could change that," he said moving closer to me. he placed his arms either side of me trapping me, i could smell the alcohol on his breath, he was wearing a football jersey, he would have known my brother. "James, he's my brother, i need to go get him," i said trying to get out of his grip but he just shook his head and laughed. "he can wait," the boy said in a whisper as he lowered his head, "get off of me," i shouted and tried to push him away, "maybe later baby, i know who you are, you're Kyle's old fuck buddy. the one who took it too far and got feelings, i mean, i wouldn't mind replacing him, as long as you don't fall in love with he," he said with his lips grazing my ear. "fuck you," i shouted and continued to try push him away. "come on, you let Kyle do this to you," he said as he placed a sloppy kiss on my cheek, i felt small tears slip from my eyes, "just get off me please," i sobbed but he only laughed, just then i heard the door swing open and the next thing i knew the boy was on the floor. someone had hit him hard and was currently beating him up on the floor. i was frozen, i couldn't breath, i tried to collect myself and looked to the boys on the floor. it was Kyle. he saved me.

"Kyle," i shouted, his head turned to me, his cheeks red as he blew his knuckles. i pulled him up by his shirt and grabbed onto his wrist. i began to pull him into the house to clean up the blood but before we entered Jenna's house i heard him shout to the guy on the floor, "never lay a fucking hand on her again." i took him to the upstairs bathroom and he sat up on the side while stood between his legs. i wet a towel and wiped the blood from his knuckles. "thank you," i said quietly to the boy infront of me, he shook his head, "i would never let that happen to anyone Mel, especially you," he said, i felt my heart thud. i couldn't believe i was here with him, after everything, after all of this time. "well again, thank you," i said this time looking up at his face. he still looked ever so perfect. i noticed the small cut on his left cheek and brought the towel up to his face. i couldn't take my eyes away from his face. he really was perfect. he flinched slightly as i pressed it to his cheek, i let a small smile fall onto my face.

"sorry," i whispered as i wiped the blood from his cheek, he shook his head lightly and let out a small chuckle under his breath. "don't be sorry, i'd do it over and over again if it meant you were safe Mel," his words made my heart race. he still had that effect on me, he still made me feel like a little school girl. "i have missed seeing you around," he said, i nodded, i wasn't ready for this conversation. "me too Kyle," was all i said before there was a knock on the door. i stepped away from my close distance to Kyle quickly before the door opened. "you okay bud?" James said taking Kyle into a bro hug, "thanks for saving my sister, it means more than you'll ever know," James said as he stepped away from the boy. he shook his head, "anything for Melody," he said before taking a breath, jumping from the side, and leaving the bathroom. i wanted to follow him and thank him again, i was eternally grateful.

i followed him down the hallway without making a noise, i wanted to surprise him, but just as i walked i saw a girl pull him into a hug which he accepted, gladly may i add. i guess in these months he'd moved on, secretly i knew i hadn't, it still hurt seeing him enjoy another girls arms around him. she placed a kiss to his lips and he looked up, almost like he sensed me. i took this chance to see the lucky girl in front of me, it was none other than Ella. i just stared in confusion. Kyle looked shocked, almost like he'd been caught, Ella soon looked to me and i shook my head. she knew it all, she knew the pain i had been through, the pain he caused me. i couldn't help but wonder how long it had been going on. did she use me?

without another breath i turned around and made my way out of the house. someone came running after me, i expected it to be none other than Kyle but was surprised when i was a semi unfamiliar face, i knew of him, but i couldn't say i knew why he chased me. "Melody isn't it? you looked upset leaving the house, i didn't want you to be walking alone in the dark," he said as he walked with me, i smiled. "yeh it's Melody, Ben isn't it? i'm pretty sure i've seen you around. thanks for the offer but i'm not some weak little girl, i can stick up for myself," i said with pride. my heart was still aching and to be honest he was lightening my mood, but i barely knew him. "yeh it's Ben, i am actually good friends with your brother so i think i will do him a solid and make sure your safe," he said, i could see he was shy, it was cute. "wanna go on a walk?" i said, he liked confused. "i mean, sure," he smiled. i was ready to let loose again. Kyle did not own my heart anymore. my heart just needed a home.