42

I sat on the bed with my legs up to my knee and watched Paul as he played the guitar. He ripped his hand from his guitar and took the joint out of his mouth. Without looking at me, Paul extended his arm and handed me the joint.

He placed his hands back on the strings of his guitar and began to play. I listened to the sweet melody his fingers made and smiled at the joint.

'What ya thinking about?' I said.

'You.'

'Oh really.' I smirked as I lay down onto my stomach and kissed Paul who was sitting on the floor.

'Ya wanna hear it?' Paul giggled.

I smiled and nodded my head, enthusiastically. Paul got up off the floor and sat on the bed next to me. Paul cleared his throat and winked at me before playing the song.

Here, making each day of the year

Changing my life with a wave of her hand

Nobody can deny that there's

something there

Paul closed his eyes while he sang, letting me know he truly felt what he was singing. My heart melted when I listened to the words.

There, running my hands through her
hair

Both of us thinking how good it can be

Someone is speaking

But she doesn't know he's there

I continued to listen to what Paul was singing. Y'know when people say that when you love someone, the pupils in your expand, well I imagine that's what was happening to my eyes right now. Paul looked at me and smiled, his long eyelashes curling away from his eyes.

The song finished and Paul sighed happily. He placed his guitar on the bed beside him and placed his hands in his lap.

'Did ya like it?'

'Paul, t-that was beautiful!'

I took one of Paul's hands and held it. He raised my hand to his lips and kissed it gently. Paul rubbed my knuckle with his thumb and looked at me, admirably.

'Let's do it!' He chanted.

'Let's do what?'

Paul got of the bed and pulled me with him. He dove into in my wardrobe and rummaged around before taking one of my dresses out and throwing it at me.

The dress was pure white. It fell halfway on my thigh and had flared sleeves. The neck was a V-neck with a very deep plunge. The dress wasn't tight fitted, but loose and flowy. Without hesitation, I began to unbutton my shirt.

'What are we doing?!' I laughed.

'We! Are getting married!'

Once again, Paul dove into the wardrobe but this time took out a black suit.

'Okay! Can we call John, and Cynthia and George and Pattie and Ringo and Maureen!'

'No time! We can take pictures!'

I struggled to button up the last three buttons at the top of my dress and turned to Paul. Before asking, Paul already knew what I needed and kissed my neck as he buttoned up the rest of the buttons.

'Y'know, it's bad luck to see the brides wedding dress.' I turned to Paul and placed my hands on the back of his neck. Paul wrapped his arms around me, resting his hands on my lower back.