First day

•Ok so just for future reference when someone is signing it will look like this.
Hello i am signing
When you are writing it will look like this
Hello I am writing
Also sometimes if it's just one word ill probably just write it normally. Enjoy•

"Rise and shine Daimon siblings!" A familiar voice said opening the curtains of your room. "Ugh get out you freak." Masaru groaned throwing a pillow at the man, effectively knocking him over. You pulled your brother into your lap for warmth as you let out a gurgled giggle at the boy that laid sprawled out on the floor. You signed hello to your friend before ruffling your brother's hair as he got up. "That aim was perfection, I'd expect nothing less from a little ultimate." He said seemingly unaffected by his fall. Masaru groaned once more before grabbing his clothes and dragging your friend out with him so you could change into your uniform.

Once finished putting on your uniform you stared at your reflection in the slightly cracked mirror you gave yourself a satisfied smile. The uniform was really cute and since dress codes at this new school weren't strict you were able to wear extra layers to keep warm. It may be spring, but due to some health problems you were constantly cold it was nice to have enough layers to prevent that.

You walked out of your room to see a large plate full of toast. Masaru notices your confusion and explains, "This weirdo breaks everything he touches and you told me I can't touch the stove so this is the only thing I could make for breakfast!" After chomping a piece of toast he hands a piece of toast and a notepad to write responses in since Masaru only knows a bit of sign language. I'll make breakfast tomorrow. This obviously pleases your brother as he smiles before running to grab his and your bag, before running out the door cheering. You and your friend quickly follow while finishing your toast.

Not even a minute after running out Masaru trips and falls. Followed by your friend who meant to check on your brother only to trip over his shoe laces. You help your brother up grabbing your bag from him to get a bandaid and something to clean the scrape. Holding his hand as you clean it with rubbing alcohol. Never looking up because you know Masaru is tearing up, but would rather not have you see. After placing the bandaid on his knee you stand him up smile before turning to your friend. "Wow that's a lot of bandaids ya got there." He says giving you an awkward smile, laughing to himself as you give him a look that says 'you know why I have these'.

While addressing his scrapes you begin to think of how you first met your strange childhood friend.

FLASHBACK

"Ok class today we have a new student Nagito Komaeda." A scrawny, sickly looking boy walked into the room, bowing to the class before taking a seat next to you. He was a strange kid who couldn't seem to understand social queues, so it didn't surprise you when he got shoved into the pavement during recess later that day. You went to go help him up out of pity, but let out a silent gasp as he was bleeding from his forehead. Grabbing Nagito's hand you drag him to the nurse. Bandaid. You quickly tell the nurse. The nurse concerned that kids were bullying you again due to you being mute got out a white board so you could write down what happened, but stopped when she saw the smiling idiot behind you. "OH MY GOODNESS!" She should grabbing a gauze and some alcohol wipes as she signaled to you to help the poor boy sit down. He giggled as you squeezed his hand cringing as the nurse whipped the blood that was dripping down his face. The nurse left you two too rest as she went to go tell the principal of more of the recent bullying happening.

"I'm glad you helped me. To be honest I thought you hated me due to your quietness although, I'd understand if you did after all I am scum." Komaeda said in a cool tone. You looked at him horrified and quickly grabbed the whiteboard that the nurse gave to you earlier and wrote. I am so sorry. I am mute I did not mean to be rude. A hand came out of nowhere startling you. It was Komaeda. "Wow I'm so glad that you don't hate me to think I have hope for the first time in a while of having a new friend." The boy continued dreamily. An idea popped into your head at that thought. You quickly grabbed a beginner's guide to sign language to show Komaeda and pointed to a specific signal. Then pointed to yourself and him doing the motion. He gasped and nodded vigorously repeating the motion. You and me friends?