Prologue

Above the rapid and powerful waves of the Pacific Ocean, a small squadron of fighter jets flew overhead. All were F/A-18 super hornets. Yet these were the most skilled and deadly pilots known in the US Navy. They were known as the eyes of the storm, the midnight killers, the indigo watchmen. But most know them as the Pacific grave diggers. Sure they have been shot down and captured by the enemy, only the enemy never got the last laugh. 

The pilots consisted of four men, they knew each other from the beginning of training. The leader of this squadron is Riley Montez, AKA Reaper. The others were Justin Stanford, AKA Tombstone, A.B Taylor, AKA Barracuda. And finally, Danny Wilson, AKA hellhound. 

"Hey Reaper, why the heck are we out here anyways, it's good training but why this long"?! Wilson shouted over his comms.

 "Yeah, the clouds look really odd today, and not a good kinda odd", Taylor added. 

"Look guys, we are on a small patrol as some of the other flyers said they had a run in with some unidentified jets", Montez stated sternly as he banked left, heading back to the carrier.

"I hate those jokers, they could've been making all that up", Wilson said in annoyance, banking left with Taylor on his tail. 

"Hey guys, have you heard from Tombstone"? Taylor spoke up again.

"No, let me try to contact him, probably just enjoying the weather", Montez said, rolling his eyes. 

"Tombstone to Reaper, come in". They got nothing but static. 

"Tombstone to Reaper, come in". Still nothing.

Montez was getting annoyed until he heard the sound of Tombstone screaming on the radio connection.

"Guys, I got three MIGs on my tail, I need backup right now"!!!

"Russians, here"? Wilson said in confusion and worry.

"No questions, we are going after those guys, why the Russian Air Force is out here is beyond me", Montez said before turning his plane back to the area where they had previously left. 

When they arrived, two MIGs flew down from the clouds, flanking them in an uncomfortable position. 

"Surprise Americans," the Russian pilot said tauntingly.

 "Why those little flying maggots", Taylor said. 

"Dang it, they got a lock on me"!!! Taylor yelled. 

"Bank right and flare out man"!!! Montez yelled as he nearly avoided a missile. 

Taylor did exactly that and shot off some flares as the two missiles blew up. 

"Oh, you wanna play dirty, let's play dirty", Montez said grimly as he climbed up into the stormy clouds, the left Russian fighter jet stupidly followed.

The Russian pilot was now confused, not knowing where his target was. The loud sound of a machine gun was heard and It didn't take long for him to check his wing as the left wing was damaged but not enough to drop him.

"You are smart American, but you're playing with fire now"! The Russian said as he turned around to follow the extremely fast shadow of the Navy jet.

 "Got you now and I will have you Dead on your home country, to bad you will miss the party will throw you Americans"! He said coldly. 

Unfortunately, He fired a missile at the other Russian aircraft! 

"No no no, not me sir"! The other Russian squad mate pleaded as his plane was engulfed in flames at the hands of his own leader.

Saddened at the death of his brother in arms, he regained his composure and stoic demeanor as he saw Riley, in anger, he proceeded to chase after him.

_______________________________________

Riley Montez's POV.

One bogie down and two to go. I saw the MIG on my right, yet I had no idea where my team was! 

"You think you won American pilot? this ends here"! He yelled before pulling back as he tried to get a lock on me.

 I had to regroup with everyone so I flew down and shot off a few flares as his missile missed and hit one of my flares.

 "Not gonna happen pal", I muttered. 

I knew an angry Russian guy who wants to beat the living tar out of you is not a good thing, but what happened shocked me to my very core. 

A city that should not even be here as we were all over an ocean just one hour ago before I dived. My senses came back and I knew with this Russian on my tail, he'd most likely would try to destroy a city like this and that was not happening on my watch!

I banked right hard and then did a very, very risky maneuver. I gained altitude quickly and let the MIG stupidly go in front of me. I then slowed to lose altitude and boosted my speed again as the MIG-29 pilot fell for my trick and I shot a missile lazily at him. Yet it hit his plane he went down into the distance. No doubt that city knows about my presence after taking down that MIG with my sidewinder. 

I saw my fuel gage and I couldn't believe it, It was full again, but I decided to land. I saw an abandoned road, far outside that city and I packed an assault rifle in case things didn't go well. Sure I had a few pistols and combat knives, fine, I had a lot, most were hidden in my pockets and holders. What the military doesn't know doesn't kill you, yet. I flew around two times to get a nice angel before I decreased my speed and lowered my gear and flaps, preparing for a landing, a rough one, but my bird could manage.

 I landed and just in case my squadron found there way here, I parked so they could access the runway and park next to me. I got out and looked over the aircraft. She had a few dents but she would live. I'm just worried if that Russian survived. As far as I know, this is not a city I'm familiar with, and I've flown all over the world. This couldn't possibly be an alternate world. I just stared at the city, knowing my answers and food supplies would be there.