Animals?

Montez's POV.

I had been walking for a long time, too long, that is until I reached a small town. Some kinda festival was going on down there. Scolding myself not to have brought my binoculars, I tried my best to make out the people but to no avail. I did see something odd though, their ears were on top of their head and they were way too short, all of them were, if the position I'm in is any indication. 

I decided enough sightseeing and made my way to what looked to be a train station. I was more focused on getting out of here and heading back to the USS Nimitz. When I arrived, I saw that the ticket guy, or whatever they are called, was sleeping on duty. I couldn't make out his appearance but it didn't matter to me if he was extra hairy. I muttered gibberish under my breath, which was trapped in my oxygen mask for when I fly up to high altitudes and also for breather exercises.

 How am I gonna get a ticket, and am I truly ready for first contact, friendly or not? Oh well. I saw the train pull up to the station but it was no brand of train I've seen before. 

"Where am I, did I land in Japan or somewhere in Asia"? I muttered as the doors opened.

 The first person to get out was... holy cow, is that a bipedal moose!? I yelled in my mind. Then more animals came out of the train. This is definitely not Japan.

 I knew that train would be leaving soon, so I decided to make my move and get in. Once I sat down at the front car, I looked back and I got a few creeped out stares by the animals but hey, it's better than having my helmet in visor off right? Some we're getting their phones out to take pictures, but I quickly halted their ideas. 

"What? I'm heading to the city and my biker friends are waiting for me, safety first", I said, knocking on my helmet.

 They seemed to have bought my lie and went back to what they were doing. Thank goodness, the last thing I need Is to be cut open by weird animal scientists. You're probably wondering how someone like myself is dealing with being In a land full of walking and talking humanoid animals, that's simple, I've seen a lot of things many people shouldn't have to see in the military. 

Well, the past is the past they say. 

"Tickets, tickets please", a deer said. 

Oh crud! What am I gonna do!? Then I had an ingenious idea, if it works, I'll be outta here like a cheetah, if not, we'll, I'll have to resort to phase two, which I didn't want to do. 

The deer came up to me and asked for my ticket and I pulled out my wallet and gave him a card that has my military payment and how we Navy folk get a good sip of alcoholic drinks and fish and chips, well, I do anyways. 

He examined the benefit card and just snorted and gave me a, I'm letting you off the hook since you are in the force, but next time give me a ticket buddy, kinda look. I then just sat back and enjoyed the ride.

_______________________________________

I finally made it, and I and all the other animals got off and I was in an entire city of these things. 

"Okay, We have totally passed Kansas Toto", I said, patting Toto, well, typically my M9 beretta.

I gained less Odd stares and it was rather comforting. I exited the train station and went outside. It felt like summer time in Miami, I hate the really warm weather but I had gotten used to it during some of our more tropical missions. 

"Hi, I'm gazelle and welcome to zootopia"! I heard someone say. I looked up and saw A billboard with a female Thompson gazelle on it. 

"Well I'll be darned", I muttered.