10 | Mama's Secret Room.

"So me and Gilda discovered a secret room in Mama's office," Emma stated as she took out a pad of paper to layout the second floor where Mama's room was located.

Serephina was finally able to join their little meetings. After learning the truth earlier, she came to find out that they were raised to become eaten by demons. Ray had also added the fact that Don and Gilda had no idea whatsoever about Conny's death.

".. So I think this part isn't a wall, but a way to that secret room," Emma finished her explanation, crossing out a line with the red marker she brought. "What do you guys think?"

"A room?" Norman's eyes widened as he looked at Emma. "So this was what you were doing the other day?"

"That's right!" Emma grinned. "Do you guys have an idea of what's in there?"

"Probably something that can let Mama communicate with the HQ," Ray suggested. Serephina gave him a quick glance before looking back at Emma's sketch.

"Maybe," Serephina mumbled quietly as she thought about it. "Now that I think of it, you really are right. No wonder Sister Krone got here without Mama even going to the gate."

"HQ...?" Serephina looked at Don, who stood confused.

"Headquarters," Serephina explained.

"It's where they get the supplies of food and kids," Emma stated, informing him about the place Ray had just said.

"Let's go in there!" Don exclaimed, causing everyone to look at him in shock. After learning Mama's secret room, he had an idea of going inside it, maybe it could lead to where Conny was.

Of course.. he still doesn't know the truth..

"T-That's extremely risky," Serephina stuttered out. The fact that Don was being like this surely made her nervous. The boy doesn't quit easily. "Mama has eyes and ears everywhere, Don. If she gets you, she gets us."

Don gave the brunette a glare. "But maybe it will lead to Conny, Serephina! You can never know until you try!"

"But going into Mama's room without some sort of backup plan or strategy?" Serephina frowned as she held her skirt tightly, trying to contain her anger. "That's a reckless plan! You don't even know what really is in Mama's room."

"Ray already said earlier that it has something to communicate with the headquarters," Don huffed. "Maybe then, we could get Conny back!"

I can't believe I'm actually letting him believe Conny is still alive. Serephina glanced at Ray, signalling him to help with the look in her eyes. And I can't believe they lied to him.

"Yes, there might be something to get Conny back in there, but we're not so sure if they will agree," Emma jumped in, quickly helping Serephina. "But right now, we can't risk it!"

"That's right." Ray rolled his eyes then looked at Don and Gilda, who stood there with a sad expression on their faces. "I already have Mama in control, we should make sure that Sister Krone won't suspect a thing at all."

"Mhm.." Serephina fiddled with her fingers as a thought popped into her mind. "Should I go down and help the kids with preparing the dining hall? Mama might get suspicious."

"That's right!" Emma exclaimed before looking at Don and Gilda. "Could you both help Sere—"

"I know," Don huffed before stomping his way outside with Gilda following behind him with a worried expression.

That can't be good. Serephina frowned, fiddling with her fingers, trying to get away from the negative thoughts. "I'll take my leave too.." and with that, she walked out the room, leaving the trio.

Serephina arrived in the dining hall and quickly helped the kids in preparing the place. She went towards Anna, who was at the side bringing some towels.

"Anna," Serephina called out as she came to a halt infront of the blonde. Anna gave the older a warm smile. "Hey. Where were you earlier?"

"I was with Ray and the others." Serephina grinned. "We finally made up. I guess I just misunderstood the whole situation." The brunette scratched her cheek as she let out a chuckle.

That's right, I can't tell her about what's going on yet.

"Oh, by the way." Anna tapped her shoulder. "Have you seen Don and Gilda? Maybe they're with Emma, Norman, and Ray but I'm not so sure."

"Don and Gilda?"

They're suppose to be here! Serephina's blue orbs scanned the whole room to look for the tall boy and the green-haired girl.

But unfortunately, she couldn't spot neither of them.

She faced Anna once again, forcing a smile on her face as she held herself from losing her composure.

"I think they're still up there..."

Meanwhile, inside Mama's office. Don and Gilda slowly made their way deeper and deeper into the secret room Mama had hidden behind the bookshelves.

Emma, Ray, and Norman went to the first floor. After going to the library and finding this author named William Minerva and got the code he was hinting by Morse codes on his books, they decided to go to the dining hall and inform Serephina about it.

"By the way, how did you notice those details anyway, Emma?" Norman asked as they made their way through the hallways.

Emma placed her hands behind her head as she looked up in thought.

"It wasn't me, it was Phil."

Norman and Ray flinched. Phil?

"He was reading one of Minerva's picture books and realized that there were Morse codes, so he went to me and informed me about it."

They both entered the dining hall, expecting the place to be filled with the kids along with Don, Serephina, and Gilda.

But they were wrong.

Serephina walked over to them with a frown on her face.

"Guys." She sighed. "Don and Gilda might have went to the room you both just mentioned."

Fact Ten
Serephina likes strawberry-flavored cakes and received one from Mama on her seventh birthday (and a year later, she found out her beloved friends had baked it for her).

Fact TenSerephina likes strawberry-flavored cakes and received one from Mama on her seventh birthday (and a year later, she found out her beloved friends had baked it for her)