Chapter 4

Chapter 4:

Monday afternoon, 2:45pm last period of the day.

Last periods are always the worst, not even paying attention half the time because you're too busy counting down the minutes till the school day is over. Not that I even pay attention in any other classes, but today I don’t want this 45 minute irrelevant session of algebra to end. I’d much rather find the value of x, y and z than go to that dumbass support group shit.

The one time I want time to pass slow it has to race across the damn room with way too many chairs grazing against the floor as everyone races to their lockers, apart from one person. I look at the boy sitting at the very front of the room, loose brown curls cover the back of his head with a line of ink printed across the back of his neck. I cant seem to fiddle what the tattoo says from my view, it looks like a word, a name? He looks back quick enough that I can’t recognise his face, buy the time I attempt to make out who it is I find the chair empty and untucked underneath the graffitied desk. 

***************************************************************************************************************

4:00, support group shit.

I sit on a very uncomfortable chair whilst in a group of a bunch of familiar faces, one including that rude idiot from last session. 

“Now guys, todays gonna be a pretty laid back session. We’re gonna start off with a little activity” Katherine states. What is this, middle school?

“I want you all to get into pairs to start off with.”

Damn. I hate this, ironically enough its just like PE class all over again. Thank God I dropped that shit. I look around the room for someone to pair up with, I think about asking the overly-tattooed girl in the corner but the look she just gave me tells me otherwise. To be honest she's one of the few people in the room who actually doesn't scare the shit out of me. The people in this room that scare me are the people who not only look and act normal, but just sit there and stare blankly at nothing. The people that are just like me, the people who don’t care about anyone, themselves, or just anything in general, those people are just like me. The person I'm most afraid of in this room is probably myself. How deep was that shit.

“Cecelia!” Katherine calls. Far out, this is the second time my thoughts have overpowered me.

“What?” I say, shit I'm rude.

“You and Ashton are the only ones without a partner, pair up.”

“Who the fu..” shit, I realise who ‘Ashton’ is the moment that this tall, rugged boy walks into my sight, you know what this is called? Karma.

“Hi” I say as he blankly ignores me. What the fuck? Why did I just say that? Wait, why do I even care? Stop acting like a little girl Cecelia. But why is he so rude? He’s just sitting on that chair beside me leaning so far down that his back is almost where his bottom is supposed to be. 

“Everyone settle down, now without saying anything first, I want you each to say one word to each other that you think describes the other person.”

I sigh and mumble “rude” under my breath, not realising how loud I actually was since no one had started talking.

“What did you just say?” A deep voice hovers, shit.

“What, nothing?” 

“You just said something, what did you say…rude?” I gave him this kind of awkward look.

“I didn't say anything.”

He doesn't reply, just rolls his eyes. Well that was fucking weird. I have this habit of denying things when I don’t want to face them, this was an accurate example why. I hear the horrid word “princess” from the side of my ear.