Chapter 14

It was my day off thank God so I thought why not go and see Mike it's been weeks so I need to see him, got up showered wore my nice dress and left to his place.

I have a key so I unlocked it and got in, what's happening it was spotless like he wasn't even staying here went to the room it was done he said he is around in the morning when I asked but he said he would be busy at his place...

I don't love snooping but decided to do it anyway "you know when they say you get what you want by looking where you are not supposed to be looking? Okay, I just came up with that now but it fits... I started folding his clothes and packing them neatly only to be hit in the head by an album... What but I don't blame him his kinda old so I went through it.

Browsing through I see different baby pictures so many pictures do he have 2 little sisters and a brother wow he never talks about himself almost a year and I know nothing about the man except his surname Mike Ray... I go through more pictures and got stuck in one picture it was him he had a ring on and a wife and 3 beautiful kids ..... the same kids I've been seeing

So he was married? Where are the kids now? What's going on why doesn't he tell me about them? Did he lose them that's why he hates talking about his past...I kept asking too many questions now and no answers I kept calling it went straight to voicemail he's an idiot what's the use of him having a phone if he never uses it damn... someone unlocked the door and I rushed there to see who's here but it was his housekeeper she came to clean so I ask her questions and she says he asked her to pack all his stuff he will be picking them up later to move into a new house like that she smiled and left.

Wait for what? New house? I asked her if she knew it and she said yes and I said I'll take his stuff she packed everything in my trunk and I left for his new house .... it was big and nice so I got his stuff and rang the bell ... a woman answered she looks like the one in his album I got really sick my tummy was doing backflips and smiled saying I was helping Mike move, but women are smart so she looked at me suspiciously like she knew who I was... I forced a smile cause God knows I'm just about to pass out and never wake up ...

She moved and asked me to get in and I got into the sound of kids screaming and playing with Mike.... he froze when he saw me but I pretended to be busy and left his stuff I couldn't show the wife so I got more of his stuff and gave her the bags I left some on the floor ... he said he would walk me to my car but I refused and told them bye... I smiled and went straight to my car and left he didn't follow me... he went back inside his house with His kids and WIFE.... .. didn't  I deserve to know?

I drove to one person I could cry to without judgment Zoe she was home she looked funny, hair messy, milk coming out of her boobs in her shirt, I couldn't help but laugh she laughed too and it felt good to laugh but when I got in her house I cried "I am a homewrecker and wasn't even given a chance to decide"
She acted weird in that moment I knew it she knew it but was afraid I'd freak out ...

"How long have you known?"

And she got up to put summer in her crib and sat next to me

"Since I was 7 months pregnant I overheard nurse Mel talking with Greta"

I kept quiet I was hurt but my pain won't be directed to the wrong person if I knew I wouldn't tell her too.

"I ...." didn't finish talking so I cried for what felt like hours and she gave me something to help me sleep...I woke up around 3 am in her guest bedroom, I looked at my phone 8 missed called from Mike at least now he knows how to use his phone ...
The last. Message from him "please let me explain"

I ignored them and slept... I woke up at 6 showered and when I left they were all sleeping peacefully so I left a note for Zoe thanking her.

I got to work and started getting busy I'm back to the old Megan who chose work over anything and focused on my job, Mike would try to talk but I'd brush him off for weeks I avoided him and it actually worked I'd see him in the cafeteria and just leave ...they say don't fall in love at your workplace and I understood it now even though you can't help who you love ...

If I find flowers or donuts they went straight to the bin ... everything he did I ignored id bury myself with work just so I don't see him, I wasn't sleeping  or eating having double shifts, I left earlier that day because of a migraine and lack of sleep so I went home ...my doorbell rang and guess what shit he was here " is your wife here somewhere"

He came to me and started begging me to listen to which I did "BIG MISTAKE" because after a few glasses of wine and food he was kissing me and I fell for it... I agreed to continue seeing him wait what am I agreeing to ....I'm in love with him I'm in love with a married man, we made love that night and I felt guilty when I woke up.

So I woke up before him and quickly finished and left for work I got so busy I avoided him I can't believe I forgave him and believed him when he said " I don't really love my wife" the woman he's been married to for 20 years and he doesn't love yeah and I'm a Virgin ....you know that horrible moment you forgive a man and take him back even though everything in you says Run and you don't run yes I felt it hard ...but stayed anyway...