~ 5 ~

Kendal

I spent the rest of the summer with Jude , we have grown closer.
I met Mr and Mrs Michaels days ago ,they left a deep impression on me as they were warm and caring especially Mrs Michaels.

Jude and I played a lot of video games,I could even beat him now  just and fair, we had a great time staying with each other.

Jude had told me everything about him ,his life as a child , the first time he was infatuated with a guy : he came out to me 3 days ago, he is brave that I can attest to ,he was nervous though ,when coming out to me  and I could see the relief in his eyes when I said
"And so what ?"

After he overcame that side of him ,he was more open about somethings to me .

His coming out made me feel happy as I learnt so many things about his sexuality.

I came to realise that I also had the same emotions that he described to me , am I gay, is that what I have been experiencing lately I thought to my self .

I tried coming out to the twins ,I called them to my room after dinner and sat them on the bed

"I think an gay ,guys" I told them , they were stunned then their expression changed drastically.

"I knew it was that f****ng f*gg*t that introduced this to you " favour said with flames in her eyes.

"This ................. What have you done ken ?....................do you want to go to hell ?" Miracle pitied me .

Favour rushed out of the room and slammed the door behind her, I heard voices shouting downstairs. (what have you done ken ?)

Then I heard my mom calling me. (judgement has started)

"Is it true ?....... Are you a homosexual ?" She asked with this disgusting look on her face.

"I.... I.... Am not, I just thought I was " I lied to myself and everyone .

"Don't ever think about that again, it's just a phase and I don't want to see you with that gay boy  again !"

Ray had almost slapped me but dad held him back , Mon grounded me and she also said that we will return in two days.

I was so unhappy, my life was a misery ;no phones, no video games ,nobody to talk with (my family kind of ostracized me ).

When everyone was asleep I sneaked out , Jude was outside we wandered around the city for the last time together.

"Ken can i....." I didn't let him finish, I kissed him ,he kissed back I savoured the taste of him that moment, then I broke off.

"Consider this my goodbye gift Jude" I told him then turned to leave.

"Wait " I heard him say , he then gave me a pendant that had a J & K engraved on it. He kissed me again and hung the pendant on my neck ,he whispered

"Let this night be out night forever"

I ran home with tears , we left America two days later.

I didn't talk to Jude for 3 years, cos everyone monitored me so I had to pretend , gradually everyone forgot that there was a Jude Michaels before in our life , I didnt because before we left ,he sent me a mail

Even if I am separated by seas and mountains from you, I will never leave you, ken you made me happy,I feel safe when you hold me .
Maybe it may take months to see you again ,it might even take years but am willing to wait for you.
I love you Kendal Collins!

From
Your love 
Jude.

That mail kept me going on for 3 years ,but something happened that outed me for a second time, something dangerous and painful.