2

Royal Mia Monroe

                                                                                                                                            New York City - 9:03 A

                                                                                                                                            New York City - 9:03 A.M

Singing along to Kehlani "Toxic," I played it lowly not knowing if Vibez was up yet.

I was always an early bird since I was a young girl and since the death of George Floyd it was honestly hard for me to sleep.

I used my social media platform for good posting about all the stories that seemed to pop up everyday. I wasn't oblivious to the racism problems in the world, and I knew there was a lot more happening in the world that wasn't being filmed and that's what hurt me.

Breonna Taylor, Ahmaud Arbery, Regis Korchinski, Rayshard Brooks, Robert Fuller, and all the recent and past killings of innocent black people was exhausting me. I donated to the Black Lives Matter fund, constantly donated to help with bail money for people, had many arguments with white privileged mother fuckers all the time, and prayed but I still felt like I wasn't doing enough.

Vibrating against my body my phone rang as it cut off my music reading "Mommy".

"Ro, how I look?" The camera appeared with my mom laying down with the camera flipped to the mirror showing me her in a bra and panties set.

"Yesss!" I screamed hyping her up as we did a little dance. 

"You look pretty too my love, I just became a Savage Fenty Ambassador. Did you ever respond to their email?" She inquired.

"I just think it would be weird for me to be an ambassador when my mom is one too-"

"Chile it's 2020, don't nobody care if Rihanna wants us to both catch a bag.." My mom and I definitely had a close relationship and for that I was grateful for. Of course, there were some things I didn't want her to know but that was normal.

My mom owned many hair salons with my aunts that were flourishing from New York to Georgia. Since phase one of opening back up was beginning she was keeping money flowing through just like my aunts by being ambassadors for companies, and continuing a Youtube channel her and my father had.