Chapter Twenty-Three

Botan met with Shin and Yui and explained the situation. Shin agreed and gave his blessing for the travel reluctantly, while Yui fought it tooth and nail for a time.
   "Watashi wa shukufuku o ataemasu! Musuko to kekkon! Nagaiki shite shiawase ni narimashou!" She kept repeating to the both of them. "Sorede jūbundesu. Watashi wa shukufuku o ataemasu." Yui looked up at Botan, closed her eyes and gently pounded his chest with her fists. "Watashi wa shukufuku o ataemasu." Cat's eyes filled up with tears as she watched.
   "Mama," Botan said, gently taking her by the shoulders. "Mama daijōbudesu. Kore ga watashi ga hoshī monodesu."
   She looked up at him sniffed and cried gently into his chest. "Shitte iru," she said. "Shitte iru. Shikashi, watashi wa sore ga sukide wa arimasen."
   "Watashi wa mama o shitte imasu." He said holding her close in a hug.
   Yui pulled away, after a while, and turned to Cat with her arms out. Cat ran into them and held her tightly. "Anata ga kare o kizutsuketara," she started.
   "Watashi wa mama o shitte imasu," Cat replied. Both the women began crying as they held each other.
   "Kare no sewa o shite kudasai." Yui whispered.
   "Mama, yakusoku shimasu." Cat replied.
   Yui nodded and pulled back away from her slowly, she whipped her cheeks and patted her hair as she sniffled softly.
   "Raishū ni wa torēdingu hashike ga yattekuru. Igirisu-mukedesu. Shin no Ingurando," he said the last offering a smirk to Cat. She forced the best smile she could. "Sore wa anata ni wakare o tsuge, subete o atsumeru no ni jūbun'na jikan o ataeru hazudesu."
   "Arigatō, kyōdai," Botan said and the two grasped arms.

   As they walked back into the village, Kawa came running up. "Hontōdesuka," he asked panting to catch his breath. "Hontōni kaerimasu ka?"
   Cat smiled softly as she looked into his big brown eyes. "Sukoshi shuppatsu shimasu. Shikashi, modotte kimasu."
   He frowned for a moment then wrapped his arms around her and hugged her tightly. "Watashi no koto o o wasurenaku."
   "Kesshite, amai otokonoko," Cat replied with tears in her eyes. "Sayonara o iu tame ni sūjitsugo ni modotte kimasu."
   He nodded as he slowly let her go and rubbed at his eye.
   Cat leaned forward and kissed his cheek. Kawa smiled back at her and followed them to the gate of the village.
   If you want to come back, Cata. We can. Botan said holding her close.
   If things don't work for us back home. We will come back. She smiled up at him sadly. And we will never leave again.