Insert 1 🥀

Edited: Luvhani Dathi-Praise Mudau

Cover: Caprynda Munyai

Photo: Takalani Rangolo as Tshinondiwa Madima

If you find any misspelled words, contradictions and errors please leave a comment.

Intro

Beep beep

That's my alarm going off again for the second time, I have to carry myself off the bed and look forward for the day. I can say my vision is always blurry when it comes to that, but I am tired of complaining about life, so I won't but let me tell you how I got here before you get carried away.

I am a graduate with accounting science degree from university of Limpopo, I completed my degree three years ago and never got an internship after years of applying I gave up. I am very good at giving up I can tell you that for sure.

My mother and two sisters are the only people I have in my life since I decided to cut off everyone else. I was sick and tired of being judged, being called a failure and feeling like I was a disappointment, still am but at least they are no longer in my life. I accepted reality of being added to the statistics of unemployed graduates in South Africa so I do whatever I can to get food.

I had a man in my life who accepted me without a job and helped my family in every way.

"You are late again"

The voice woke me up from my good life in my imagination. She is my boss and she is always irritated with me.

"I am sorry, there was traffic..." I try to speak but she cuts me

"it's okay Nondi, go and look for another job" huh

I mean I know there's no excuse for my actions but I can't be fired, not now.

"please I really need this job..." she cuts me again

"You are fired, please leave my building"

I can't believe I just got fired, I am so furious but I can't do anything about it.

That smash hit me so I almost fell on the floor but worse I have hot coffee spilled on my shirt and I want to scream.

"Watch where you are going Mrs that way you won't die in an accident" him

Like really now?

"If you were watching your way yourself Mr we wouldn't be here, I am the one soaked up with hot coffee so instead do yourself a favor and walk away before you die in what should have been an abortion" I am fuming

He looks at me briefly and walk away