6 • Phone Call

A/N the first parts an absolute mess just like please bare with me

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

October 8th
3:58 PM

(Author POV)

"Did you lose your blue game thingy?" _____ asked, "I thought you used to play with that a lot."

"I finished them. It gets boring to replay it too." Kenma said.

Video games are nothing compared to the happiness I get from _____. Why should I bother bringing them? She raised my standards up. Anything that used to make me feel happier before has turned bland and tasteless now. Kenma thought.

"Oh that makes sense." _____ said, "Hey Kuroo-san, do you play video games like Kozume-kun?"

He chuckled, "Oh no, I don't usually play them. They're fun, but there's other things I enjoy a little more."

He's referring to volleyball isn't he? _____ thought.

"Do you like video games _____ chan?" Kuroo asked, _____ nodded her head. "Well you could go on an arcade date with Kenma sometime or something." He snickered.

Their faces heated up.

"Shut up." Kenma looked away. That would be, amazing. A day with _____. But, why would Kuroo suggest it? It makes it sound like I asked him to say that or something and I just couldn't ask myself...

"You-you didn't have to say it like that!" _____ exclaimed.

Kuroo laughed. He was sure Kenma had a crush on _____. It was pretty obvious. They would be cute together too.

"Why not though? You guys both like them right?" Kuroo asked.

"Well, it would be fun! But uh, Kenma might get bored of it or something."

"Nah, Kenma wouldn't if you're there. Right?"

"Yeah..." He muttered.

• • •

"Oh, thank you for walking _____ home!" Her mother exclaimed, "Are you her volleyball friends?"

"Yeah!" Kuroo said, "I'm actually the captain. My names Tetsurou Kuroo. This guys our setter." He pointed at Kenma.

"Kenma Kozume." He introduced himself

"Oh I know you now! I'm glad you're friends with _____ again." She smiled

Kuroo was about to add something but Kenma glared at him so he stayed quiet.

"Well, we gotta head to our own homes ourself. See ya!"

"They're very well mannered. I see you're hanging out with Kenma again. I see him around here a lot." _____'s mom smiled.

I never see him around here what do you mean-?

"Yep! I'm glad to be friends with them." She chuckled. "They're fun to be around."