~*Chapter One*~

Before I begin, I wanted to tell you that this is my first fan fiction, and I appreciate all those who are reading and commenting nice things!

(I do not own Percy Jackson, though I wish I did!)

Nowwwwww without further adoooo.....

enjoy the story!

-Marshmallow :3

- - Percy POV - -

I sigh as I run my hand through my hair, I'm currently sitting in the camp van waiting in New York traffic to get to my apartment. My mom hasn't seen me in 8 months, and (from what I've been told) she has been freaking out. The Second Giant War just ended and all of the heroes are heading to Olympus, but I convinced them to let me go home an hour before the meeting. They will probably be holding the awards ceremony, but they didn't exactly say.

I was so deep in thought that I almost didn't notice the van coming to a complete stop. I nervously get out of the van and tap on my legs. I'm really nervous and excited. I haven't seen my mom in months and I really miss her.

I wave goodbye to Argus and head into the building. I go straight for the elevator, and press the third floor button. As I go up I try to think over what to say when I see her. I can't exactly say "Hi mom, it's nice to see you. Sorry I was gone for so long, I got kidnapped by a crazy goddess and thrown into war, where I fell into Tartarus. But I'm home now!" Yeah, she would probably try to kill said goddess.

I was broken out of my thoughts when the elevator dinged, signaling I made it to my floor. I nervously ran my hand through my hair as I walked to my door. I steeled my nerves and knocked three times. I hear a faint "coming!" I put my hands in my pockets and shuffle my feet.

The door opens revealing my wonderful mother. We stare at each other with tears in our eyes. "Percy, is that really you?" She says as she reaches out to touch my cheek, as if seeing if I'm real. I couldn't talk so I simply nod my head. She crashed into me and wrapped me in a bear hug that could rival Tyson's.

We are both openly crying when Paul yells "Sally who's here?". When he doesn't get a response he comes to the door to see her crying as she hugs me. He did a double take and looks at my face, "Percy...?". I just nod. He comes and crushed us both in a hug. After we separate we went over to the couch where mom demands to tell her where I was. So, I start explaining everything that has happened (leaving out some stuff, like Tartarus). By the time I'm done it has been almost an hour.

"Mom, I have to go, there is a meeting on Olympus that I need to be at. I was able to get them to let me have an hour here, but I don't think they would appreciate it if I am late." I said. She nods "Ok, but promise you will come and visit soon, and no more disappearing or I'll have to charge up to Olympus and beat where you are out of the gods." she said. We all laugh, and I promise to come by soon, and I head out to get to the Empire State Building.

Once I get there I walk up to the front desk, and ring the bell on the desk. A man looks up at me and his eyes widen. He quickly rummages through one of his drawers and grabs the key card and hands it to me. "Here you go sir, have a nice day." I chuckle a little bit as I get on the elevator and invert the key card.

I groaned as the elevator music started playing. I really hope that Apollo didn't choose the music for the elevator, because this may be the worst music on the planet. Gods know he already makes the worst haikus, it would be really bad if he also had the worst taste in music.

I was so consumed in thought that I almost didn't notice the elevator come to a stop, and the doors open. I stepped out of the elevator and went straight to the throne room. I smiled and waved at everyone as I passed. Everyone smiled and waved (even a few blushed) in return.